Logi Browser
DerAusgewandert

Re: Touchpad T650 - Click and Drag

surface is made of glass. you should be able to safely use ethanol or rubbing alcohol or a mix of these with water (I typically use a 50/50 mix of rubbing alcohol and water).

Logi Browser
all4all

[ Edited ]

@  derausgewandert i live in the Netherlands, where i live, alcohol is not sold. Not even for cleaning.
We have 'spiritus' , that has been made blue and some toxins in it so people wont drink it.
it is made for starting BBQ's or car windows de-fat-inasion.

So thats not it for me.
Logitech, this touchpad is glass, but not your all-day glass, may it be cleaned with 'windex' ?
Or is i.e. TFT screen cleaner also good for this touch pad?

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
woody

all4all wrote:

I totally forgot to ask:

how to clean the surface, with what ?  (And with what absolutely nOt?)

The T650 surface is made of glass with coating.  So the camera lens or eye glasses cleaner would be the best it.

(That won't take the coating off.)

Logi Rook
AndyCalling

[ Edited ]

Go to a GOOD chemists (pharmacists) and ask for high purity (around 97%) isopropyl alchohol. This is exactly what the photography shop would sell you, quality lens cleaner which has little impurity (any impurity would be water in the 70odd% stuff, never good to have water around electronics). Only way cheaper than at any photography shop as to the chemist it is simply rubbing alcohol. You can also use it for cleaning your chips before adding heat sinks. Much better than citrus based stuff as such does leave residue. Isopropyl cleans out microfissures in the chip surface to allow good heat transfer and then evaporates in moments, leaving nothing behind.

Every PC owner should have a bottle.

Logi Browser
all4all

[ Edited ]

What i dO have is this:

"Anti-static screen cleaning fluid, ideal for tet, tft, lcd and laptop screens. (non-toxic detergent)"
It is a little see-through 'bottle' , and there are no ingredients on it.

Is this OK for the t650 ?

Logi Browser
robin2p

First, thank you Morganza.

Second, if you program the "right click" to "two finger tap or click" both buttons can be used.

Logi Nu
DrCoolZic

I have been folowing this thread with interest but the terminology (tap, click, double tap ...) and the corresponding gestures are not easy to understand. For example it is told that you need to double tap to move an object. While this seems to work I have found that the much esaier to use single tap works also to move an object.

Futhermore the only place where I have found a description is in the FAQ and the description does not seems to be accurate.

So if someone can describe in detail the click (tap?) and drag and related gesture I would really appreciate and it would be nice also that Logitech update the documentation.

Thanks - Jean

Logi Nu
troubledlogic

This is my first posting but I had to subscribe to explain what I'm finding.

1. There is no "click n drag" feature on the Touchpad T650 that I've seen when I installed it just yesterday. I found out about the "buttons" on the bottom of the devive yesterday but this still didn't help. However, I've discovered two things and I'm not sure if they're related.

1. However, I've discovered if you have Windows 8 (desktop version, of course), hit Win key + Q to bring up the Charms bar and type "mouse". This brings you back to the desktop and you see the general mouse dialog box pop up. I selected pointer options and slided the speed of the mouse cursor all the way to the right and checked off the option for precise mouse precision. This seems to increase the speed of the Logitech T650 cursor speed dramatically. and ironically after selecting this option...*then* the "click and drag" feature works. Now, to accomodate myself, I changed the option for right click to "two fingers to tap" because leaving it to just the lower right corner of the device was too confusing. 

2. Now for the more serious problem...which apparently is not unheard of in using touchpads. I discovered after putting Windows 8 to sleep and then waking the laptop (HP Pavilion dv7-4153cl notebook) that my device would wake up properly by gliding my fingers over the surface of the T650, but once on the Windows 8 Start screen...the mouse cursor moves correctly...but now nothing happens when I tap the surface. I had to repeatedly "click" to get the mouse cursor to know what I wanted it to do. But that defeated the purpose of the device in the first place because "tapping" is a lot simpler and easier. To make a long story shorter...after checking the software driver was installed correctly, I discovered that I had to plug out the Universal Logitech USB from the USB port and then plug it back in to "wake up" the device for the T650 to work correctly. 

For tech people reading this post...please note this one and confirm my observations. In the meantime that has been my temporary solution. I hope you can deliver a quick update to fix this "wake up from sleep" issue soon because it's tiring to constantly plug out and re-enter the USB Universal wireless plug to get the T650 to work correctly. 

Logi Browser
robin2p

Hi Jean,

Clicking is pressing down on a button (in this case at the bottom of the touchpad) vs. tapping which is lightly hitting the touchpad with one finger. Note: there is no double clicking, but it will respond to a double tap. The ‘mouse and keyboard settings’ let you decide if you want to be able to click &/or tap or simply click.

User AndyBryant has a blog where he explains.

There are two ways to left-click and drag.

The first is to use your thumb to click the button, then while holding the button down, to use your finger to select the object and move it, releasing it with your thumb. After a little practice I think this will become second nature - and I think is the way Logitech intended it to work.

In one of the more recent releases of the driver they've also enabled a second double click drag mode. In this case - you double tab the object, and on the second tap hold your finger down - then you can move the object. This is how most laptop touchpads work today - so will be familiar to most.

If you do a web search, you should be able to find his blog. He has a more detailed explanation there. I hope that helped.

Logi Nu
sailman100

When you respond with an indication that the latest version of Setpoint allows click n drag, it would be nice to show us how to enable this because I just downloaded theis version of Sp and I can not get the traditional method to work nor do I see any place in the set-up dialog to turn it on as an option. Whew. Otherwise I really like the little bugger, sleek and sexy on my desk, easy to get lost under piles of new mail.