Logi Nu
kirasa

Trackman Marble FX T-CJ12

This IS the best track ball that Logitech has ever produced.  (If you doubt me, search Ebay.  It is not unusual to see these sell for $100 + on Ebay in mint condition.)  There is currently not a Logitech product on the market that I would be willing to replace my Trackman with.  They are all inferior in function and comfort. 

When will this product be back in production?  

Logi Nu
Zipangu

Re: Trackman Marble FX T-CJ12

Yes when please. The optical trackman is about the closest and it hurts my hand to use it.

Please bring back the good stuff.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
SotiriosBAR

You are right.

It is the best trackball ever made...

Along with its wireless version the Logitech Trackman FX (without the marble)!!

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
Zipangu

For some reason Logitech seems to like to discontinue stuff that works well and try to sell us crap. Maybe it's the new way to do business or there trying to get a bail out...

Logi Browser
usscroller

This product was the focus of a patent infringement case.  One of the people behind the curvy Colani Mouse -- not Mr. Colani himself -- sued.

Looking at pictures of the Colani Mouse, it does look rather like the base of the Trackman Marble FX.

Of course, the Colani Mouse, being just a swoopy Italian design mouse with no large company behind it, never got anywhere in the market.  What the heck is a Colani Mouse?

http://www.tcocd.de/Pictures/Peripheral/Sicos/colanimouse.shtml

Was the point of the case to get Logitech to pay a licensing fee or what? Having won their case, the makers of that product went happily off into oblivion.

For more details, see

http://ftp.resource.org/courts.gov/c/F3/254/254.F3d.1334.00-1088.html

Logi Nu
DustyWhite

I just bought a second FX on ebay. I am trying to figure out how to rewire it, or even strip the cuts out of my current 4 button trackball and house it in this casing. I really love my Trackman and I want it back. I am hoping for some advice.