Logi Nu
james m

USB unifying receiver won't install in W7/64bit

I purchased a Logitech Performance Mouse MX and when I plug in the Unifying Receiver, Windows 7 (64bit) tries to install the driver, but then comes back saying "USB Receiver:  No driver found".  W7 cannot find the driver anywhere (PC or online).  Logitech says it is not their fault.   LT says they use the W7 native USB driver, so there is no driver I can download and install to fix this.

Wierd:  W7/64bit even shows the unifying receiver icon in the Devices and Printers control panel window. But W7 tags it as not working because it can't  find the driver.   Without the driver, Unifying software can't find the receiver either.

The recevier PnP works fine in my XP system. I have noticed several people complaining about this issue on the web, but no one has published a solution. Please help.

Thanks

Logi Nu
Dave89rr

Re: USB unifying receiver won't install in W7/64bit

James I'm not responding to your post, as i have the same problem. But as you mention I've seen several complaints and no solutions, so I thought I'd leave my info here. See if someone that knows how to fix this replies to either you or me. =/

I bought a Marathon M705 today and I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate Signature Edition 32-bit.

I plug it in, it starts installing then says the same thing "USB Receiver: No driver found"

When I contacted Logitech support they asked me to do a couple of things and the verdict was "Faulty receiver"

After the call I decided (out of curiosity) to try it on my sister's laptop (Win 7 home premium 32-bit) and it works just fine :smileysad:

HEEELLLLPPP

Logi Nu
voltz

Hello:

I actually had this same issue. Technically Logitech isn't to blame, at the same time the solution is easy and they should assist. It wouldn't matter if you got a new receiver or not, even if you switched brands.

In order to fix your issue simply replace the USB.INF file in C:\Windows\inf. The file can become corrupt, there are no drivers on line because Windows should have them there in that INF file. Certain devices I've found will delete the inf file as they're uninstalled or removed. It's a large issue in my opinion. Either way, you can simply copy the file from another computer of the same O.S. You could also expand the file from the CD, or use Google to download it. Note that if you download it from the internet it will be a text file, make sure to resave it as USB.inf.

Good luck, that inf file contains all driver information for plug and play on every wireless keyboard and mouse. Fix that and you'll fix your problem.

Logi Nu
FJPA

Re: USB unifying receiver won't install in W7/64bit -- PROBLEM CONFIRMED with Logitech Support

[ Edited ]

Logi Nu
TheGoof

I have a Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit workstation, and wanted to note that voltz solution about the usb.inf file worked for me. Here is what I actually did:

• Browse to 'C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\usb.inf_amd64_neutral_e2b28ecac19a29af'
  • Copy usb.inf and usb.PNF to 'C:\Windows\INF\'
  • Update drive on unknown devices
  • -- In Device Manager, right-click and select Properties
  • -- Select Driver tab
  • -- Click 'Update Driver' button
  • -- Select 'Browse my computer for driver software'
  • -- Enter 'C:\Windows\INF\' in the Search for driver software in this location field and click Next

After that, the Unifying receiver was found and everything was great!

Logi Nu
Deprifying

Hi!

I have exactly the same problem as the persons above.

I bought a logitech k340 keyboard with an unifying controller.

My computer has Windows 7 premium on 64 bit. The keyboard and the receiver both aren't being recognized in the device control panel. When i plugged the thing in for the first time, my computer automaticly installed some drivers. After that the keyboard didnt work.

I tried the keyboard on another computer, a Windows Vista 32bit. And the keyboard worked perfect immediatly.

When I tried the way of fixing 'TheGoof' described I ran into some problems: At first I could not find us'usb.inf_amd64_neutral_e2b28ecac19a29af'.

instead of these directory's I only had

'usb.inf_amd64_neutral_269d7150439b3372'

and

'usb.inf_amd64_neutral_153b489118ee37b8'.

When I copy the files out of this directory's into my ../inf directory and update the drivers of my unknown 'HID keyboard' the prompt says that the best drivers are already installed.

Is there another way? Or what am I doing wrong?

Somebody please support me.

Thanks in advance.

Logi Apprentice
smlunatick

I can not help anyone with connection problem.  I'm just stating that I have successfully installed the Unifying Receivers on several Windows 7 both 32 bit and 64 bit.  Also, these varied from Home to Ultimate versions.

Just a few possible things to check is to make sure that you have installed to correct corresponding motherboard chipsetr drivers and disable anti-virus software during the Setpoint / Unifying software install.

Logi Nu
Mega-Japan

Just letting you all know that I'm having the exact same problem, and the above solution did not work. Help? =_=;

Logi Nu
Mega-Japan

HAHAHAHA!

Solution found!

So after countless restarts, I figured it out. I tried so many different things that people all over the place were suggesting to no avail.

So here's what worked for me:

Control Panel -> View Devices and Printers -> Right Click "Logitech Unifying Receiver" and go to Properties -> Click on the "Hardware" tab. There should only be 1 driver there, the MotioninJoy one. Click properties and uninstall with the box checked. BAMCIS! Mouse is working again.

And with that, seems like the program is 100% removed too. I uninstalled drivers all over the place but nothing seemed to work until I came across this in the control panel. After 3 days of looking, finally solved. Now I can go back to playing Skyrim.

Logi Nu
harmonyss

Great thx