Logi Nu
Gorbet

Unifying Receiver & Apple Thunderbolt Display issues

I (and several others on this thread) are having the following problem:

- Logitech USB Unifying Receiver plugged into an Apple Thunderbolt display USB port

- Thunderbolt display connected to a MacBook or MacBook Air

- Performance MX mouse

- other various peripherals plugged into the other Thunderbolt USB ports

If the Thunderbolt display is plugged into a running laptop, none of the USB devices in the display ports are recognized (including the Logitech mouse), though the camera, speakers, display, and ethernet still work.  If the display is removed, the laptop rebooted, and then the display plugged in again, the USB devices work.

Like the others, if I plug my Unifying Receiver into my MBA directly, then hotswapping the display in and out doesn't break anything: the mouse works AND the display USB ports all work.

I have two TBDs (serial #s C02GW038DJGR & C02GW070DJGR) and the above observations are true for both. 

Because of these observations, I strongly suspect that the issues are not hardware deficiencies but rather problems with the low-level software.  Either the firmware for the TBD USB ports, or the Logitech Unifying Receiver driver.  The problem seems to arise when the display is hotswapped in and the system discovers the Unifying Receiver on the display.

I'd be really interesed in hearing from anyone else using a Unifying Receiver with a piece of Logitech hardware and an Apple Thunderbolt display.

Logi Nu
dgomes

Re: Unifying Receiver & Apple Thunderbolt Display issues

I'm facing the exact same problem :smileysad:

Logi Nu
gregwburke

I'm right there with you too.

I've been tracking numerous threads in the Apple Community regarding this problem, but I'm just as confident as you are about either the Unifying Receiver software or Apple's own firmware being at fault.

I've got an Apple Wired Numeric Keyboard and my Performance MX mouse (via Unifying Receiver) both connected to a 27" Thunderbolt display which is then hotswap connected via Thunderbolt to an Early 2011 MacBook Pro running Lion 10.7.4 (11E53).

Every morning, I sit down at my desk and every morning, I hotswap reconnect my MacBook to this setup, and every morning, all of the USB periperals connected tot the ACD go dead until I restart. This morning, I pulled the Unifying Receiver out of the ACD before connecting

This is frustrating. I don't want to downgrade to a Magic Mouse, but it's looking like that's my only recourse for now.

Logi Nu
Gorbet

Have a look at the thread in Apple forums that I included in my initial post.  Some recent info there suggests that it's more likely on Apple's side than on Logitech's.

I feel your pain.

Logi Nu
Bobbsie

Connecting a a sleeping MacbookPro (retina) to Thunderbolt display with Logitech unifying receiver plugged into Thunderbolt USB port is suspected to cause my Macbook Pro not to wake up and make the MBP unresponsive for 20-30 minutes.

If  MBP is awake when connected to the Thunderbolt display = the laptop wakes up and all is responsive.

Its the USB connection of the Logitech Unifying Receiver which is felt to cause my problem

I have removed the receiver, have stopped using the mouse.

Logi Nu
Starrfire

I'm having exactly the same issue with Unifying Receiver, Thunderbolt and Macbook Pro or Mini.