Logi Nu
DaveLeeNC

What Does the Blinking Light Mean? (yes - the question is that simple)

My wife has a (Vista) Dell Laptop with a M-RCQ-142 Bluetooth mouse which has worked for years. New batteries, but the mouse no longer works (it does show up on her Bluetooth list of devices as 'Connection in Use: NO').

I have not been able to locate any online documentation that is helpful. But the 'blue light' on the top of the device is blinking after pressing  the'connect' button on the bottom  - I don't recall the blinking as being normal. I am assuming that this is telling me something - can someone tell me what that means? 

Thanks.

dave

ps. It will quit blinking eventually, but I counted 100 blinks and still blnking (although it did stop eventually)

Logi Nu
DaveLeeNC

Re: What Does the Blinking Light Mean? (yes - the question is that simple)

[ Edited ]

Uninstalled and re-installed the device - now all is fine. 

I've been using WindowsWhatever since maybe 1989 (DOS then OS/2 before that) - have no idea why I didn't do this first. 

dave

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Cintech

Re: What Does the Blinking Light Mean? (yes - the question is that simple)

Hello DaveLeeNC,

I'm happy to know that your mouse is working now . The blue blinking light means that the mouse was in discovery mode and waiting for communication from the computer .

Warm Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.