Logi Nu
MovingWaves

Windows 7 - Mouse problems - Possible Solution

My Mx Air mouse, which works perfectly with Win XP was virtually unusable with Windows7 64bit. It would appear, after searching the internet, that many users are having the same problem. I tried various solutions offered by users but to no avail. Finally I managed to get my mouse working. So here is what I did.

1) Download and install Setpoint version 4.8 (as advised by Logitech)
2) Go to the Mouse Game Settings tab
3) Under the Speed and Acceleration options select OS implementation
4) Done

N.B. It seems the Setpoint implementation has a few incompatibilities with Win7 64.

Hope it works for you.

Logi Nu
Mardok

Re: Windows 7 - Mouse problems - Possible Solution

Mouse cursor still freezes ... :smileysad:

Logi Nu
MovingWaves

Ok agreed. I did a few more tests and arrived at a totally illogical idea.

Here is what I tried.

If I connect the Micro-receiver directly into the USB port of my computer the mouse pointer becomes jumpy

If I connect a short USB extension lead in to the computer USB port then connect the Micro-receiver into the extension lead the jumpiness completely disappears. 

OK I accept that this seems totally illogical.

However, I am interested if anyone finds the same. 

Logi Nu
Mardok

[ Edited ]

Hym i test it now, it seems to work. Thx for tip ;]

Logi Nu
_darac_

It works for me also. Very strange.... But it worked on my laptop with same OS and eveything just fine. Probably because of voltage or smth. I'm using Windows 7 pro 32bit

Siv
Logi Nu
Siv

This seems to be the same as me. Trying it out, thx.

Logi Nu
ECAC

OK, this is total bizarre, but it works for me too.

Same setup - Windows 7 64 bit.  I have SetPoint 6.20.50 and Driver 5.20.51 and the mouse would periodically stop, sometimes for quite a while to the extent it wouldn't have been usable permanently.

Moving the receiver to be plugged into a hub makes it absolutely fine.

The only other thing I find is that it does sometimes think it's on the desk when it's actually in the air (you can tell from the cursor, but also by changing the acceleration speed so its very slow on the desk but normal for in the air).  Would be nice to solve this too, but if I set them the same it's very usable.

Many thanks for solving the jumpiness.  I'm glad you think latterally!  Maybe Logitech can sort out the underlying issue in the driver...