Logi Browser
jamelt

Re: Windows 8 Scrolling Problems

I broke down and bought another (non-logitech) mouse. Good luck on waiting for this to be fixed....

Logi Browser
sahaight

I finally fixed this by finding an older driver - 6.32 and installing that. Now scrolling works just like it should.

Logi Browser
wronglyNeo

Same problem here, with smooth scrolling disabled, scolling is totally screwed up. If enabled, everything is working fine in a couple of apps, but therefore in other apps the scrolling is way too fast.

I would be happy, if the mouse just behaved like any other 'normal' mouse without smooth scrolling or whatever...

Logi Nu
Vizath

Logi Nu
RolanY

[ Edited ]

I am using a VX Nano and the scrolling annoyance experienced in Windows 8, I would best describe as being a momentum added to the scroll. The window does not accurately track vertically with the scroll wheel movements. There is a acceleration /deceleration at the start and end of the web page scrolling. For example, if I scroll down a little but stop the scroll wheel, the page will continue to scroll a little bit. It also does not immediately being scrolling, but moves as if there were some weight to the page. I would like it better if the page would move directly in sync with the movement of the scroll wheel. I am kind of new to Windows 8, but I was not able to find any reference on the operating system or web searches on how to disable the momentum portion of scrolling other than "reinstall your mouse drivers".

update: this may be just an issue with Firefox, as I am not seeing the scrolling behavior in IE, Chrome, or the file explorer.

update#2: found the smooth scrolling option in Firefox (Options->Advanced) disabled it. All is well.

Logi Browser
wronglyNeo

For me it's still the same with the Performance MX.

Installing SetPoint 3.2 would probably fix it, but there are some Windows-8-specific things that are only included in the new driver. Apart from that, downgrading shouldn't be the only option to get rid of such malfunctions.

But I relly start getting annoyed about this. I mean, I am working with this messed up scroll behaviour now for at least a month! An as I am studiying computer science I work a lot with my computer and it annoys me every single time. An I really don't understand, what takes Logitech so long to fix this issue as it seemingly is working in lower SetPoint Versions. I would be satisfied if you just released a version where the normal scolling works, just as it does for every 10€-mouse. Then you can spent ages, implementing the smooth-scrolling feature, if you like to. But it is annoying if neiter of those works. And well, Logitech products arent the cheapest ones on the market, so I think as a customer I can expect a certain quality and consistency in basic functionality.

For me Logitech prodcuts start having a certain ambivalency - some are working perfectly and I am completely content with them (like the K800 keyboard), and some are frustrating me - like several mice I had. Each of them has had different drawbacks. But I liked my Performance MX and it seemed everything fine with it until they broke the driver!

Sorry if there are some grammar mistakes, my native language is German.

Logi Nu
ErikVer

I'm encountering the same problem. Very very frustrating.. Logitech, have you planned to fix this?

Logi Nu
Siem

Same scrolling problem with new Performance MX and latest Setpoint. OS is W8.

This really annoys, so please fix it.

Logi Rook
Dwindle

It will be Feb shortly, last Setpoint release was Nov. What is logitech doing? Are they doing anything? 

Buy Razor products.

Logi Browser
suavi

I'm having the same issues with my VX Nano! If Logitech needs a Windows 8 License to fix this bug, I can send them a legal OS Key for free!