Logi Nu
Kaleb91

Wireless Mouse M525 won't connect.

I had been using my new M525 for about a week (leaving the USB portion plugged in) when one day I turned the mouse on and it wouldn't work. The green light by the wheel comes on for about 5 seconds the turns back off. I have tried all the troubleshooting steps from Windows to no avail. When I went to look up the driver for the mouse thinking I could simple manually re-install it I found out there isn't one. So now I come seeking advice as to what I can do to get my mouse working. 

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Cintech

Re: Wireless Mouse M525 won't connect.

Hello Kale91,

Have you moved the USB receiver to a different port ? The green light is behaving normally,it shows briefly to let you know the batteries have power . The M525 uses HID drivers that are part of your operating system. What operating system are you using ? If you are using an external USB hub or pass through device please disable it for trouble shooting. Do you have an application installed that allows the use of a console system controller on your computer ? If possible please test the mouse on a different computer .

Best Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
Kaleb91

[ Edited ]

I have tried it in every usb port on my laptop. I'm using Windows 7. As I said before I tried the troubleshooting steps from Windows about usb devices that aren't being detected so I'm pretty sure it isn't the USB ports.  I just tried tried using the mouse with my other laptop. The computer said it detected an unkown device then it said it ws searching for the driver but it also said at the same time the driver installed successfully. Needless to say the mouse didn't work when I turned it on. If I can't get this working this weekend I think might just return the mouse and get a differnet brand since Logitech seems to be a pretty crappy one, ecspecially since i paid $40 for a mouse that only worked for 2 weeks.

Cintech

Hello Kaleb91,

Please contact Logitech Customer Care for your region. Since the M525 did not work as expected on two separate computers, this would indicate a hardware issue.

Best Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
renee626

I have the same problem brand new m525. I have installed setpoint driver and scroll driver. I have tried unifying but get error no unifying reciever  detected on my laptop. I am running Windows 7 home premiere. I have bought and changed batteries 3 times. have repeatedly reinstalled mouse dirvers from logitech website. I can see setpoint settings icon in my system tray

Cintech

Hello renee626,

Please try your receiver for the M525 in a different computer, this will determine if there is a hardware issue with the receiver. The M525 is a plug and play device and makes use of drivers that are already part of the operating system. SetPoint can be installed to assist with customizing settings for the mouse but is not necessary.

Best Regards,

Logi Nu
nyrmess11

I am having the same issue with my M525. Changed the batteries 2 times and it works one day and  the next it is not working. Please tell me what to do with this thing. Back to using my microsft mouse.

Cintech

[ Edited ]

Hello merriness,

Please try your M525 on a different computer, if the issue follows the mouse, this would indicate a hardware issue. Please contact Logitech Customer Care for your region.

Best Regards,

Logi Nu
dcooper816

I have the same exact problem described multiple times above.  I have tried using different ports and a different computer.  Same result.  So, now I am to the stage where I need to talk to support, as suggested.  How do I do that without starting over?  Perhaps it is easier to take this mouse back and get something else that will work without the investment of so much time.

Logi Nu
AfroGunmann

I have had the same problem with 2 mice. The first one I had for a day and it worked perfectly, then I unplugged the USB receiver and it wouldn't even recognize that there was anything in the USB port. I tried every port on my laptop, every port on my dads laptop, and even new batteries. I tried my dads wireless mouse (also logitech, but without the unifying receiver) on my PC and it worked, perfectly. I figured it was the mouse so I returned it and got a new one. The new one worked perfectly for a week until I moved the receiver to a different port. I think it might have something to do with the fact that it fits into the ports so tight (at least on my laptop) that you almost need two hands to take it out, and while pulling it out, it breaks a connection or something, that's just my opinion. I am a gamer (not avid but I play a lot) and its very hard to do on a laptops mouse pad.