Logi Nu
samvan

drag and drop / double click problem

Hi,

I am having problem with the left button of my trackball M570 mouse recently. when I click and drag, it loses the hold constantly and sometimes a single click becomes a double click.

I am writing software and this behavior is unacceptable because of I need to highlight code and the drag is not working for me.

It used to be fine, but it is now working very erratically.

How do I submit warranty claim?

MichaelKenward
Topics: 16
Solutions: 243

Re: drag and drop / double click problem

Are you on Windows? (You don't say.)

Logitech unleashed a new version of Setpoint earlier this week.6.32.7

They never say what the release does, but it might be worth trying it if you haven't already just in case it is supposed to fix this issue.

I don't see the same behaviour with my M570.

M570, Cordless Trackball | Cordless Trackman Wheel | T650 Touchpad
K800, K360, K340 keyboards
QuickCam Pro 9000 | H600 headset
SetPoint: 6.61.15 | Driver version: 5.60.73 | LWS 2.31
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit & 32-bit | Windows 8.1 Update

If you find a solution to your problem, mark it as "solved". This assists people who are looking for help with their problems.

Logi Nu
naiJenn

I am experiencing the same problem. I am on a mac (OS Lion on iMac) and have an apple mouse which works (drags & highlights) fine.

I also realized i updated the logitech drivers to 3.51 - 23 and thats when the problems started happening, though quite honestly I cant remember it happening or not happening before the update. Arrrrgh. I am hoping to find a way to revert back to 3.50 drivers, but this is definately related to the logitech product at this time. I have 3 Trackman Wheels ( Yes I love your product), and all three are experiencing the same issues. As stated previously no appple mouse has same effect.

While you're at it, please update the software to allow independent mousewheel direction cause OS Lion really did a lousy job assuming what people do and do not want.

Logi Nu
greatoe

exactly same problem here, please fix it.

MacBook Pro mid'09

OS X 10.7.2

M905 mouse

LCC 3.5.1

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
dhelpard1

Hello samvan,

From the description of your problem it sounds like a defective micro switch inside the trackball.  We should perform some troubleshooting steps first.  Please perform the following steps on your M570.  Remove the battery from the unit.  While the battery is out, press the left and right mouse button repeatedly for approximately twenty seconds.  Once this is complete, re-insert the battery in to the device and try it again.  If the problems persists test the trackball on another computer if there is one available.  If the problem persists after that I would recommend contacting Customer Care in your region for further assistance and a possible warranty replacement.

I hope this helps you out.

Sincerely,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.

juh
Logi Nu
juh

[ Edited ]

Just bought the M570 Trackman and it exhibits similar symptoms.  When I click-hold and drag it sometimes,not always,  "releases" the hold even though I am still holding the left button down.  I noticed this when playing Spider Solitaire trying to drag cards around. Once in a while, maybe 1 in 10, it doesn't work properly.  Similar issue when highlighting text - sometimes it works, but sometimes the trackball acts as if I released the left button prematurely and doesn't finish highlighting the entire text.

Tried to remove the battery, click the buttons and retry - no difference.  Is there an older driver available for download? Running Windows 7 64bit.

Logi Nu
naiJenn

Logi Nu
StanSmart

I'm having the SAME problem! This is with an optical/cordless mouse on Windows XP-Pro.  Just started about 2 months ago.  I'm a PC "consuiltant" so I've tried all the basics, including upgrade software, batteries, etc...  Only seems to be left mouse button (loves to do a "lightning fast" double click no matter what; and takes multiple tries to do a successful drag-n-drop. 

Just sent in an e-mail support notice.

Logi Nu
tomharrisonjr

I also started experiencing the problem when I upgraded to Lion, went through a number of new drivers that were supposed to solve the problem (they didn't).  I worked around the problem by assigning one of the other buttons to the Click event, but that's kind of lame.  So I figured I would give it to my wife, who runs Windows.

Guess what: it also fails the same way on windows.

So I am certain that the problem was introduced when I upgraded my Mac to Lion.  So ... what?  Coincidence?  I don't believe that.  Same bad drivers for Mac and Windows?  That's hopeful, since it suggests that if Logitech were actually to listen to customers, they might have a real solution.

Who knows.  But given how Logitech took the excellent Harmony remote control and killed that, and how the MX mouse, so promising has these problems, looks like Apple wins.  Again.

Logi Nu
FlaEileen

I'm having the same problem. Is there a fix? I removed the batteries and pressed the buttons. That didn't work.