hmw
Logi Browser
hmw
Accepted Solution

logitech mouse does not work

I recently had my toshiba laptop serviced because I had problem with starting windows.  Now everything is fine except my mouse does not work anymore.  I changed the batteries and it didn't help.  I tried my mouse on my wife's laptop and it does not work either.  My wife's mouse works fine on my laptop.  I can see the little green light on the back of my mouse. 

Is there anything I can do other than buying a new mouse?

thanks

Logi Legend
rlowens

Re: logitech mouse does not work

Try reconnecting the mouse and receiver. If you need help with that, what model mouse do you have?

-Richard L. Owens, author of the uberOptions mod for SetPoint. Unlock the options of your SetPoint-controlled device! mirror
hmw
Logi Browser
hmw

How do you reconnect the mouse and the receiver? I am not sure the exact model of my mouse.  It's a logitech optical wireless mouse.

Thanks for your help!

Logi Legend
rlowens

If the receiver has a Connect button on it, you press and release Connect on the receiver and then the Connect button on the bottom of the mouse.

Else, run the Connect Utility that comes with SetPoint.

-Richard L. Owens, author of the uberOptions mod for SetPoint. Unlock the options of your SetPoint-controlled device! mirror
hmw
Logi Browser
hmw

Thanks.  I don't see a Connect button on the receiver. 

What's is the Connect Utility/Setpoint?  Is it on the disk that came with the mouse?  (I can't find the disk) Or is it on my laptop?

thanks for your help

Logi Legend
rlowens

Most of the current mouse models can use the SetPoint driver software. A (probably older) version of it probably came on a CD with the mouse. You can download the newest version from the Support link at the top of the page. When SetPoint is installed, it also installs a Connect Utility program, which can be run from the programs list.

hmw
Logi Browser
hmw

I found setpoint on my laptop and after running the connect utility my mouse is working again!

Thanks!

Logi Nu
nighthawk7108

For me I just bought a logitech mouse and it does not work but my computer is a mac so can anyone help me. (The problem is that on the mouse it has a square box and whenever I plug in my mouse it stops shining green and if I take it off it shines green again.)

Logi Nu
drewbonde

Where is the setpoint? I have the same problem and cant find out why!