Logi Nu
TheBlob

Logitech A-0374A problems

I bought this headset a while ago, and ever since I got it it hasn't been working. I just never bothered with it until now, when I started playing online games more often and would like to use it.

The device connects (at least I think so, since the blue light on the volume thing flashes or simply lights up), but the no audio comes out of the speakers. Then, when I try to use the mic, you get nothing but basically static. I try to do a microphone test on Steam and the input meter is just maxed out and simply makes odd sounds. Nothing I do seems to make any difference, until I went to the control panel and made sure that all the settings were correct. Now, the audio works, but still not the mic.

Any advice?

Logi Nu
Robbeld

Re: Logitech A-0374A problems

I got the same or similar problem only since recently.

I start to believe that some update of Windows XP (SP3) might have started this behaviour, because that is the only thing I really changed on the system since then. I have been happily using the device successfully for over a year, but after Christmas the thing gave up. I tried a few other direct USB 2 ports on my PC, but that did not change anything.

Sometimes Windows recognizes the headset, sometimes it either indicates there is an unknown USB device, or it detects it half-way as "some" USB audio device.

Wanted to update the drivers to see whether that helps, butI could only find a similarly looking model, USB Headset 960. Can the driver for the 960 headset be used for the A-0374A?

Logi Nu
Robbeld

Ok, just found out that Logitech does not provide any drivers for these headsets. So please discard questions about drivers.

Logi Nu
elijah1

I have a similar problem, except, my set works perfectly with 2 XP computers but I bought a vista laptop and it finds both the mic and the speakers recognizes them by name and all but does not feed to them.  in XP it automatically shut down other audio output and used the headset instead, I was not able to use the mic for my language software tho
Logi Nu
karnov

Yep, dispite the fact that I use a very common computer (Vista HP laptop)  and this A-0374A was the highest end headset available at the largest retail chain in the world (Walmart), it does not work and never has. I too just put up with it for about  4 months until I really wanted to hear a new song my brother recorded. These things break up the sound with static and pauses. Everywhere you look online there are no answers and logitech obviously doesn't care. Have you noticed they never respond? Anyone reading this, please save yourself the frustration and stop buying Logitech. Thanks.