Logi New
KristinS

Mic does not work

I have tryed everything to get my microphone on my cam to work but still havent gotten it to work, when i go under the audio controls to try to set logitech mic as my defult it is not an option it only lists sigma tel and modem and i have tryed both, and on the back of my computer i have a jack where i can plug in a mic but i want to use the one on the cam do you have a solution for me to get the cam to work?
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mal

Re: Mic does not work

Hi KristinS:smileyhappy:

I would be glad to assist you on this issue and appreciate if you could provide the following information:

1. Webcam details.

2. Software version installed for the webcam (you may check the Installation CD)
  3. Are you able to record a video and hear the audio well
  4. What instant messaging application that you are using with the webcam. Examples, Yahoo, Skype, Windows Live Messenger
  5. Any other troubleshooting steps prior to this posting

I will wait for your reply on the required information and have a good day.

Ed

Which camera do you have? Not all of our webcams have internal mics.
Logi New
KristinS

Here is some of the information that you asked for so that you can help me.
  M/N  V-UAM27
  P/N  861161-0000
  S/N  LZA52100856

I can use the cam and record and i have also tryed testing the mic and it dosent seem to work and even the test fails and i have tryed all the troubleshooting tasks that the help gave me but none of them worked it says that i can use phone webcamming so i am assuming my version has a mic internally. The instalation disk i have says QuickCam8.3.0 ( windows) and QuickCam 8.0.1(Mac OS) it dosent say anything about mic instalation on it but when i install it has a mic check point.

I hope that this info helps you to help me hope to hear back soon thanks.
Logi New
KristinS

sorry i am also using yahoo messange when i use the cam
Mal

Thanks for the details KristinS. . Have you tried performing a clean installation on the camera software as seen here in this link.
Logi New
KristinS

I just tryed what you sugested and i still have the same problem i tryed to record audio and video and the mic dident pick up any noise or talking i also tryed testing it in the windows sound recorder and it did not work there either. Do you have any other suggestions or does my cam model even have a cam ? Or is it possible it is not working becasue my modem tower has a seperate jack where i could plug in a free standing mic ?
i just want to say thanks to all who is helping me .
Mal

Please check  the Device Manager. You would need to follow the steps below:

- Click on Start and Choose Control Panel
- Click on System and the choose the Device Manager.
- Click on the plus (+) sign next to Imaging Device, Sound, video and game controllers and Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
- Check Logitech webcam related devices are installed
- Check whether any of the listed item have a yellow exclamation mark (!)

This mark show that the driver might be experiencing a conflict or it is corrupted

Logi New
KristinS

I just checked that and none othe the things had an (!) near them and the only thing that said logitech was the cam everything else said controllers of some sort and under audio it listed sigma tell and modem that was it so i dont know what else we can do or even if my style cam has a mic i just assumed since in the instalation it asked me to test and they also asked if i wanted to start a voice calling account.
Logi Nu
bonefish5

I have the same exact problem. But I know the mic is good, it works in the winxp hardware test but with tons of feedback.