Logi Browser
snwbordr008

Need help with Logitech USB Headset Mic

I currently am using a Logitech USB Headset. I am not quite sure on the type I have but I know it costed around $70. Well I plug in my headset and the sound works. But no one can hear my microphone. I do the audio test and the green line does not budge. How am I supposed tog et this to work? I tried everything. Pleas help!
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mona

Re: Need help with Logitech USB Headset Mic

I would like you to test your microphone on Windows Sound Recorder on your PC:

1. Click Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Entertainment and choose Sound recorder
2. Click record button and speak to see whether the green line moves to indicate the application picks the sound.
3. Click on Stop button and Play to check the sound. Make sure the device is selected
4. Click Edit Then Audio Properties and make sure that the correct device is listed as preferred device for Sound Recording.
Please get back to us with the results.
Logi Browser
snwbordr008

Thank you Mona. But now my headset is not working! Now I can't hear other people speak but I can speak. I need help :'(
Logi Browser
snwbordr008

Update: I got my sound to work! However, when I talk, I receive a playback in my headsets and people tell me my microphone is staticy. How do I get rid of this?
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mona

Hi snwbordr008,

Do you have your speakers switched on at the same time and placed very close?
Kyy
Logi Nu
Kyy

I have a problem kind of like this.
My sound works, and my microphone works when I do the sound check, but when I call people on messengers like xfire, they can't hear me.
What's going on?
Logi Nu
indymomof3

Oh Mona!!!  You saved me!  I just started working from home as a customer service rep and today my headphones didn't work.  I tried everything I could think of, then I found your answer.  Thank you!!!:smileyvery-happy:
Logi Apprentice
CamIAm

"My sound works, and my microphone works when I do the sound check, but when I call people on messengers like xfire, they can't hear me.
What's going on?"

Hey boss - if it works in sound check, but not in the messenger program, the program itself probably has an options/setup area where you can set your input device. Your default when you install a program is 99% of the time your sound card, and changing your sound properties in windows doesn't always change the sound properties in the 3rd party programs. Go into setup for xfire or whatnot and make sure input device is set to "Logitech USB Headset" or the like.

Hope this helps!
-Cameron
Logi Nu
eput123

i am only seeing a tiny sliver of the green line when i blow on it to make noise but no line when i talk... how to i get my mic higher???
Logi Nu
eput123

I have the same problem but my mic is very low and  is to low to hear my voice... how do i get it to a regular volume???