Logi Nu
TehMop

USB Headset sound working, but not the mic.

I recently bought a new USB headset and the microphone doesn't work. I've tried it on another computer, and it works fine. It worked fine when I first got it, but now it never works. I've tried all the obvious "check to see that it's not muted" and still nothing has worked. The only error message from a program is when I enter ventrilo settings, it says "InputFindVolFader failed (-1) for non-Mux based mixer." Any tips?
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mona

Re: USB Headset sound working, but not the mic.

Update all your USB drivers and BIOS settings. This should solve your problem.
Logi Nu
Tolarian

I was having this same problem and I went and updated my USB Drivers through the Device manager and my BIOS through Dell. However the microphone portion of my headset still doesn't record when I talk into it. It worked perfectly fine until one day it just decided to stop working. Tried all 6 of my USB ports. Works fine on a similar machine. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
bluja000

Check your sound properties to make sure that your soundcard isn't selected as your recording device. Most of the time, the sound properties automatically detects that a plugged in microphone is preferred over a soundcard, but not always.
Logi Nu
innerdemon25

hey i just figured out how to fix the problem by reading two posts on thsi site this one and another. What you do is go to your audio adjustments properties then go to voice and on Voice recording make sure its set to the recording device as mine is "Logitech USB Headset" if that dosent work restart your computer and change it to a different USB port and do the other step again. Then it should work