01-21-2012 06:06 PM - edited 01-21-2012 06:08 PM
As the title says, I am having problems to sync my Harmony 200 remote in myharmony.com.
These are the steps that I followed:
- Go to http://myharmony.com/MartiniWeb/Account/HarmonyCon
fig and enter with email and password.
- On window "Setup overview": press Next.
- On window "Step 1 of 3: Collect your model numbers": press Next.
- On window "Add a device", I add one of my three devices (Samsung, DVD-C510). I press Add.
- I press Yes when asked to confirm the "Samsung DVD-C510" device.
- On the next window, "Step 2 of 3: Add your devices", I press Next to sync the above DVD player.
- A new window opens ("Step 4 of 3: Sync your remote"). It works for 2 seconds or so, and then it greys out with an error message: "Server Error. Please sign in again to continue. We have created an error report......".
I always get this error, no exception. I tried for more than 6 hours now. If I try to add other device (TV, Cable), I get the same error. If I try to add more than one device at a time, the error comes when confirming the Yes button for the second device.
I have tried to create a new user account. To no avail. I have tried to clean up the cache in Firefox (my browser) and in Silverlight, it did not work.
I tried to use the "Harmony Remote Software 7.7", but it failed to detect my Harmony 200 remote.
I saw others with similar problems to mine, specially on Christmas time (too many users that overloaded the servers?). But now I have no idea why this is happening.
Can someone please help me to solve this problem?
Thanks in advance,
01-22-2012 09:39 AM - edited 01-22-2012 11:52 AM
Anyone, please?! I see posts newer than mine that were already answered by Logitech...
I would appreciate some help.
Edit: I did not say on my first post, but I have been trying to do this on Firefox in Windows XP.
I just tried to sync on OS X 10.6.8 (Safari 5.1.1), and I got the exact same problem.
So it looks like the problem is related either to my account or to Logitech's server. I don't know how to update my own account in order to avoid the problem (I tried creating a second account with a different email, but that did not work either).
01-22-2012 12:48 PM
This is a User Peer to Peer forum, Logitech employees only occasionally look in on the forum, the postings you see are from Users like yourself. If any Logitech employee posts, you will see the Logitech symbol in their signature.
01-30-2012 11:26 AM - edited 01-30-2012 11:30 AM
Finally Logitech's online support managed to solve my problem. I thought that it would be a good idea to share my solution here, it might be able to help someone else.
Basically, I was given a new account by the technical support staff. They used the same email that I used previously, but they added number 1 at the beginning. So, imagining that my email is email@example.com, the new account's email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
It might sound strange but this did the trick. After this everything worked. This is the procedure as given to me by the technical support:
Before connecting the remote:
1. Remove the batteries.
2. Press and Hold the Harmony "Power" button.
3. Reinsert the batteries while continuing to hold the Harmony power button.
4. Release the "Power" button, the buttons on the remote should now blink indicating it is in Safe Mode.
5. Connect your Harmony remote to your computer using the USB cable provided.
6. Go to myharmony.com website and log into your account.
7. Hover your pointer over "Sync" in yellow, it will bring out a tab with "Sync Now".
8. Click "Sync Now".
9. Go through the process of Syncing your remote.
10. Test your Harmony remote with your Devices.
Finally, take your remote off safe mode like this:
1. Remove the batteries.
2. Hold the '2' button down.
3. While still holding the '2' button down, replace the batteries.
4. The remote will boot into the normal functionality.
This worked for me. I hope it can help someone.
04-05-2012 04:49 PM - edited 04-05-2012 06:07 PM
Oh bleep - so you mean I basically have to sit and wait for support to create me a new account? That's crap.
Yes, I have the same problem as the OP. myharmony.com simply won't detect my remote. It worked fine yesterday, but today (different computer, different location) it doesn't. I guess I could try creating a new account myself using a different email address....
One thing I've noticed though - Logitech seem to not want us to ever buy a new remote. You seem to not be able to delete remotes or configure multiple remotes. What about people who want to buy one for the kids? Or have one for the lounge and one for the home theatre?
Not that this is a Logitech only issue - TomTom do the same thing and assume one person would only ever own one device. At least they let you delete the device though (say if it dies).
Edit: FIXED MY PROBLEM - by accident.
Turns out Silverlight needed updating - and Windows Update, despite installing a Silverlight update, did not install the latest version. Manually installed 5.0.6 (Logitech installer installed 4.x) and it's working fine now.
The only reason I even noticed the update was required was because I was checking if Silverlight was available for Win2K - with the aim of trying an old spare laptop I have sitting here.