02-18-2012 05:49 PM
Harmony 300 install problems: (Sequence at bottom)
Same basic hang on 4 different PCs. One with Windows 7 64-bit, one with Windows 7 32-bit, two with Windows XP SP3.
All have the latest fixes, latest version of Internet Explorer, latest version of Firefox.
Silverlight is up to date.
No pop-up blocker activated. Disabled every add-on I had in Firefox.
Verified Device Manager had found the remote and loaded the HID drivers.
Downloaded software using both IE and Firefox. (Looking thru the forum, there is mention of version 7.7 of software - I don't have it nor do I know how to get it.)
Tried multiple USB ports on each machine, directly plugged, no Hubs in use.
Substituted one of my own cables, just in case.....
In all cases, Windows recognizes the remote being plugged in and being unplugged, both on the USB end of the cable and on the remote end of the cable.
Restarting browsers has no effect.
Restarting PC has no effect.
Killing Firewall, ad malware detector, and anti-virus has no effect.
Batteries in the remote are new, replaced even.
Here is the sequence:
1. Plug in remote.
2. URL to myharmony.com
3. Click on 'Sign in to my account'. (Account previously opened - have no idea why it doesn't go to some sort of sign-in page. I can sign in on the support page with no problem - evidently I really did set up the account properly.)
4. Another window opens and has a square in the center that rapidly counts percent up to 100%. The URL indicated is myharmony.com/Account/HarmonyConfig
5. At this point absolutely nothing further happens except for the little buttons in that center square running around in a circle. Let run for over an hour the first time and the router shows no activity.
What should happen?
What can I do to make it happen?
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-19-2012 07:19 AM
I had the same trouble with like 3 different pc's
I fixed it by updating the java and silverlight
not sure which one did it
I think the java more than anything
go to java dot com and hit downloads
you might have to restart but after that it should see the remote
02-19-2012 05:43 PM
Tried a second Harmony 300. Exactly the same problem! Either I have 4 bad PCs or there is something really wrong with anything to do with setting up the 300 on myharmony.com
02-20-2012 12:22 PM
Last ditch effort on one of the XP SP3 machines was to uninstall the Logitech software, uninstall Silverlight, delete everything in the Registry that I could find associated and reboot.
Went to myharmony.com and downloaded the software again. It also installed a downlevel (v4.0.60129.0) version of Silverlight. It hung at the exact same place no matter which of the two Harmony 300 remotes I plugged in.
The solution I have come up with at this point is to return the two remotes for a refund. Heading to the store now. Mike
02-20-2012 01:07 PM
Try installing the version of silverlight posted by the user above. Also try clearing your silverlight cache with the following steps.
To clear Silverlight Application cache for myharmony.com
1. Go to www.myharmony.com
2. Login to your account.
3. Right click on the page you should see a Silverlight button show.
4. Click on Silverlight.
5. Select the Application Storage Tab.
6. Select in the Web site list http://www.myhamony.com
7. Click Delete
8. Make sure Enable application storage is checked.
10.Restart the browser and try www.myharmony.com again.
If this still does not work try making a new account and see if that works.
Logitech Support Specialist
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.