Logi Nu
MissButters

Harmony 650 Sound Setting on TV when using a Receiver

I just setup my Harmony 650 remote, and the only issue I seem to have is the sound setting when "Watch TV" activity is chosen.  We have a Sony TV that is hooked up to the Sony AV Receiver using a HDMI cable, and a Motorola cabe box.  When I select the Watch TV activity, the TV, cable box, and AV receiver all come on fine and set to the correct input and and the SAT/CAB setting on the AV Receiver.  The issue is the TV changes its speakers setting to TV speaker instead of Audio System, so the sound doesn't go through the AV Receiver. To fix this, I have to go into the TV menu and manually change the setting to Audio system.  Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks! 

Logi Guru
Mark07

Re: Harmony 650 Sound Setting on TV when using a Receiver

Hello MissButters,

This is a peculiar problem but one that you should be able to solve. The best way to figure this out is to use your original remotes and follow the same sequence;

-Power on TV

-Power on CB

-Power on AV

-Set AV to SAT/CAB

Does the same thing happen with the TV speakers taking over? What if you turn on the AV first, before turning on the TV. What about vice versa? The power on order could have something to do with this.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Mark07

Logi Nu
MissButters

Thanks so much.  I actually put a delay before powering on the AV Receiver, and that seems to fix the issue!

Logi Guru
Mark07

Right on!  Enjoy your Harmony :smileyhappy:

Logi Journeyman
bizwiz41

If you have a Sony TV, you should be able to turn off the TV speakers, and the audio will only come out through the receiver.

I suggest looking in the TV menu under audio or set up to find the option to turn off the TV speakers.