05-01-2012 10:45 PM
I have the following devices:
- LG55LH90 TV
- LGBD390 DVD player
- Harman-Kardon AVR-1600 receiver/sound system
- Time Warner Cable DVR box
I have set up the following activities using the online tool:
- Watch TV --- turn on TV, receiver, and DVR
- Watch a Movie --- turn on TV, receiver, and DVD player
Both activities work correctly, except that once all three of the respective devices are turned on, the receiver (which has all audio routed through it) fails to change to the correct HDMI output channel. The cabling is correct, as I can select each device manually and it all works correctly. I've double-checked the activity programming, and it looks correct, and I've re-synced the remote. But when I push the Activity button, the receiver HDMI audio always fails (it stays on whatever channel it was on when it was powered down). Furthermore, after all devices are turned on the screen on the remote asks if everything came on correctly. If I press the "Help" button at this point, it goes through a secondary process that THEN turns the receiver to the correct HDMI channel, and all is well.
Is there some way to...
1. ...change the order in which the devices are turned on? Maybe turning on the receiver first will give it enough time to power on that when the HDMI channel is selected it will work correctly.
2. ...add a manual command to the Activity programming that will allow me to (again) select the correct HDMI channel on the receiver?
If there are any other ideas, obviously I'd love to hear them. I'd appreciate any guidance anyone could give. Thanks!
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-02-2012 08:53 AM
You need to increase the power on delay for the AVR, with the 650, this is done on the remote by holding the Help button for 5 sec to get to the advanced settings
05-30-2012 12:42 AM - edited 05-30-2012 08:04 AM
I'm having the same problem and have increased the delay to 20 seconds. My Cable goes to HDMI 3 & my Apple TV goes to HDMI 1. Before increasing the delay it would default to which HDMI was active when the TV was shut off. I have increased the delay to the TV tu 20 seconds and that has caused it to move up one output. ie. if the TV was on HDMI 3 when it was shut off and I start it with Apple TV (watch a movie) mode it now switches to HDMI 1 & if it was on HDMI 1 when TV was shut iff and I start "watch TV" it will change to HDMI 2. Anymore ideas?