Logi Nu
leeskees

Harmony 650 remote - rename activity

Hi,

I've just set-up my Harmony 650 remote and have added two custom activities to it.  I was just wondering if there was a way to rename them from "custom" and "custom 2" at all? 

I've done a search and the answer that came up said to go to do the following - Activities>Your Activity>Settings>Rename Activity.  It says that this is for all Harmony remotes but the problem is that I do not have "Settings" as an option only View your Settings, Change your Settings and Delete your Activity.  To view or change my settings it just goes into how that activity is set-up and doesn't allow to rename it. 

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can rename these custom settings at all?

Thanks for your help!!

Logi Browser
Harmony600User

Re: Harmony 650 remote - rename activity

[ Edited ]

I've just asked Logitech service about the same and some more features.

Unfortunately the answer is: "not possible via MyHarmony yet"

You can try to use the Harmony Remote Software 7.7. With that you can change activity names. However I've tried that and the allover experience using this software isn't as smart as MyHarmony.com.  You also need to create a new user account for this software and set up all again from scratch...

I hope Logitech will listen and carefully extend MyHarmony.com functions with features that are frequently requested.

Logi Nu
Bick0830

I have to agree that it seems like a lot of functions that were available in the software are not available with myharmony.com.  I was trying to teach IR to my Logitech but was only able to teach if the Power Toggle.  I also would like to be able to Rename my custom activities but apparently that is unavailable through MyHarmony.com, even though the setup videos show custom activities such as "play game."  Please Logitech make these functions available with MyHarmony.com.

Logi Browser
Harmony600User

I've finally switched to the software too.

The Harmony 300 is the only remote that can only be set up via MyHarmony.com

With 600, 650 and 700 you seem to have a choice.

It seems to make no sense setting the higher end models via MyHarmony.com - if that is possible at all...

Finally what scares me is when the online services is out of order you can not change anything - and both methods need the Logitech servers to work... just this minute the service behind the software is offline for maintenance... I ask myself if ot's not porssible to use the software offline once you have choosen the devices you work with - and probably sync back later...

Logi Legend II
hhatkin

I thought that myharmony.com WAS only for the 300.

It does happen occasionally that you can't connect to work on your account but that doesn't usually last long.

Logi Browser
Harmony600User

I initially used MyHarmony.com for the model 600 setup too. Works, except the missing options...

Referring to other forum sections the "officially" supported setup method is the software. Probably that will change in future.

Just the software does not handle the modell 300 at all and points you to MyHarmony.com...

Logi Legend II
hhatkin

The 300 is so different from all other Harmonys that it needs its own separate setup procedure.

I don't understand why other models are able to use that procedure as well as the normal one.

Logi Nu
leeskees

Hi and thanks all for your replies!

I've got the 650 and according to the booklet that came with it you set it up with myharmony.com, there is no mention at all about any software option of setup.  I've got no problem with how anything else is working with the remote and it all works properly except that I just need to remember what I've got programmed in as "custom" and "custom 2".  If I have to start from scratch with the software then I might just give it a miss at the moment and wait to see if myharmony.com allows that change in the future.

Again, thanks for your answers!!

Logi Browser
Harmony600User

Modell 300 just does not have activities - except "watch TV".

The devices control is pretty much the same - just no custom commands with display.

The activities can become quite complex when you want more than just "play this or that" behavior....