mmo
Logi Browser
mmo

How to assign a series of basic commands to a single button?

I am puzzled and somewhat disappointed by the Harmony 650's programming possibilities!

To reach the EPG on my dreambox (a receiver settop box) I always need to press three buttons "Green" "9" "OK".

I want to assign this entire sequence to the remote's button "Guide", but having a single button send a send a series of commands does not seem to be possible. Why is that so???

As a work-around I wanted to assign this sequence to an "activity" but that yields nonsense, since the first two commands of an activity apparently always have to be to switch on the device(s) and to select the input(s). While one can disable the second (i.e. have it select NO input) for some idiotic reason one cannot avoid or delete the first command and so what happens to me is that the first command always switches the box off (since power on/ff is a toggle) and then of course the remaining actual commands ends in limbo...

This is NOT what I understand by a flexibly programmable remote control!!!

Why is is not possible to have a single button send an entire series of command? This seems such a basic capability!

M.

Logi Legend II
rhachey

Re: How to assign a series of basic commands to a single button?

What remote do you have?

Logi Journeyman
keithbergoff

Re: How to assign a series of basic commands to a single button?

With Software 7.7.0 - In Activity window, customise buttons, bottom left Add Sequence, up to 5 commands can be assigned to a button.

Harmony One & pc software 7.7.0