03-31-2012 01:24 PM
I had this problem earlier and didn't find any solutions on the forums, just a lot of angry customers with returned merch. My experience was as follows:
1. I use 2 Mac OS X Lion laptops, but also have a Windows XP SP3 system as well.
2. From OSX, I started installing everything and setup my devices and sync'd. Worked fine.
3. I started tweaking things and sync'd and it worked.
4. Kept on tweaking and then it stopped working, claiming that it couldn't contact the USB device. What's more, the cancel button would not work once that message came up.
5. Restart did not help. Trying different USB ports did not help. Trying a different OSX Lion Mac did not help. Upgrading Silverlight did not help.Trying my XP SP3 machine did not help. In fact, it had the exact same problem. Basically, everything the KB recommends was useless.
However, I tried removing all devices and starting over on the configuration. That worked. I don't know what part of the configuration caused the problem, but I suspect that something about the configuration causes the MyHarmony programming app to choke early in the process. I will continue gradually making my configuration changes and sync'ing each change. So far, I haven't run into the same problem again.
Anyway, I suggest deleting all your devices and adding them in again or maybe trying to add the remote as if it were a brand new one needing different configuration.