Logi Nu
juanki55

myharmony.com COMMUNICATION ERROR

just got my new Harmony Touch... After setting up my activities and hitting the "Next" button, as it changes to the "Select your country" screen I get a communication error and the systems forces me to re-login. I've been on this loop all day. Anything going on with the system???

I am on an iMac running Mountain Lion and the latest version of Silverlight.

Thx

Logi Browser
binary0101

Re: myharmony.com COMMUNICATION ERROR

[ Edited ]

Hi, same issue here. Step 4 on myharmony.com says: "Communication Error". I work with MacBook Pro (2012), OS X 10.7.5, Firefox and Safari, same Issue! Please help. Thank you.

Best

binary0101

UPDATE: same issue with Windows 7 (IE and FF).

Harmony Touch
Logi Browser
binary0101

I'm really disappointed, because I own a Harmony for two days and can not use them because myharmony.com not work! I have tried to deinstall silverlight and some other OS and Machines without success. Please help and fix this issue. Thank you!

cheers

binary0101

Harmony Touch
Logi Browser
binary0101

[ Edited ]

UPDATE:

i have the solution:

• start myharmony.com
  • add your devices
  • DELETE ALL ACTIONS AND DONT CLICK ON THE BACK BUTTON!!!!
  • Now you will see the "synchronize" Button -> click on it!!
  • Now the harmony touch make a firmware update at first (wait 5min!)
  • After that you can add your actions and sync your remote again.

it´s strange that  i have to test some workarounds with a brandnew harmony touch with NO HELP from the support!

binary0101

Harmony Touch
Logi Nu
JimNap

Binary0101, that worked like a charm! Thanks for posting the fix online!!!

Logitech Employee
HarmonyTeam

The cause of many of these communication errors was identified and fixed today - things should be back to normal.

Thank you for reporting these issues!

Logi Browser
binary0101

you´re welcome :smileyvery-happy:

best

binary0101

Harmony Touch
Logi Nu
Mark_UK

I had the same issue as probably many other users, not able to sync anymore.

Deleting the activities as suggested didn't do the trick for me.

Also done the reset of the remote (power off as well as full reset), no joy either.

What did do the trick was setting up a whole new account. funny enough then the remote does sync.

Made no changes to the laptop (Windows 8) or any of the software I am running.

So basicly remote was back to initial settings so first connection allowed me to import my previous Harmony 525 settings.

Only annoying thing now is that I need to set up my favorites from scratch again.

But at least the Harmony Touch is back to work again.

Mark

Logi Nu
Torgo

[ Edited ]

Thank you so much Mark_UK, I've been testing and troubleshooting my brand new Harmony touch since yesterday and nothing worked. I've done exactly what you did (yesterday) and today making a new profile solved the issue for me too. See thread: sync issues

Logi Browser
mattyj2001

Creating a new profile when you have a lot of settings and customizations sorta is not cool, Logitech. Fix this.

In any case, after the latest firmware update I was unable to sync. It was stopping on the second step where it was syncing favorites. So I tried just removing my favorites and was then able to sync. I added my favorites back and I was still able to sync. This fixed it for me.

Removing and re-adding favorites is not awesome either, but it's better than re-constructing your whole profile. Maybe try that before you go whole hog and start over.