03-30-2012 08:27 AM
I've used the myharmony site for my two 300 series remotes with some issues but muddled through. I dislike the fact that I need to create a seperate account for each remote. And for whatever reason an account I had created no longer works because it failed during the creation process and that email is now perpetually used, even though when I try to log in I get a server error.
Today I'm trying to setup my new Harmony 600 remote with no luck whatsoever. It seems when I try to register for an account, it times out, every single time, doesn't seem to matter if I reboot my pc, if the remote is connected, if its not, it just flat out doesn't work.
The myharmony site has always had some issues with weird things here and there, but its getting really frustrating when you can't even use the product you just bought because of issues like this. Right now my remote is just a $50 paper weight because it won't do anything until I connect it to myharmony.com which I can do. Come on Logitech, do something about this, I have lots of your other devices, keyboard, mouse, gamepad and all work just fine. Whats the deal with not being able to get a remote to work?
03-31-2012 02:49 PM
I've been using Harmony remotes for years and up until recently I've never had problems updating my remotes. Now nothing works. I've tried getting into myharmony.com on both Macs and PCs and the whole process is completely buggy now.
Sorry I can't offer help...just saw your post and thought I'd vent.
07-20-2012 09:16 AM
Yes, it is now July 20 2012 and the same error is appearing again and the Software does not connect to server and therefore my remote is now a brick!!
What a rubbish of service and product!!
Never had this before but now see that this is ongoing since christmas 2011...
pls please Logitech solve your server problems and raise an alarm:
your server is being kidnapped8
07-24-2012 06:35 AM
Try to use Mozilla to open myharmony.com
Clear the Cache of your browser.
07-30-2012 02:14 AM
Tried Mozilla, Chrome & IE.
Cleared Cache, cleared the screen (using Mr. Clean), cleared the desk.
Tried to open 3 accounts (sorry, i'm getting short of email accounts....)
Tried on two different machines.
Fact is: bought the remote on thursday, been trying to log on since then and either one of those two happens:
a) Plugin crashes, but only once in a while (in the case of IE9, the browser crashes)
b) stuck on a 100% screen with "balls" revolving around it. Tried to leave it open for over 4 hours, still stuck at 100% and revolving balls.
I'm not really complaining, as I managed to download the package for Windows 7 (internet based as well, but not relying on the browser) and THAT does work. However it's a shame to see that 4 days later the site is still down.