Logi Browser
nigeyb

7.6.1 on Mac + iTunes - where's my music gone? How do I get it back?

Hi, 

Apologies in advance as I'm not the most technical person in the world. I've tried to find the solution to my problem. I can't find it. Apologies if I didn't look hard enough.

I've had my Squeezeboxes for three and a half years and use it to access music files on my Mac. Since upgrading to 7.6.1 I've had a problem getting the Server to rescan playlists. I click "Only rescan playlists" and the the timer stays on 00:00:00 until I abort it. 

That was bad enough, however things have taken a turn for the worse. Today I discovered all my files have disappeared and everything is empty.

I have just tried removing and reinstalling version 7.6.1 and it's made no difference. On the Squeezebox Server under Advanced I have tried activating:

Look for new and changed music

Clear library and rescan everything

Only rescan playlists

and the result is the same - the server hangs, the timer stays on 00:00:00 until I abort it.

I've always managed to sort out my issues with my Squeezebox but not this time.

I would really appreciate help in getting this sorted. I work from home and I'm a music obsessive. I need my Squeezebox back and working.

What should I do? How do I solve this?

Other info that might be relevant:

iMac 7.1 with Intel Core 2 Duo

OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard

My music files are held on a WD Elements external drive

Logi Browser
nigeyb

Re: 7.6.1 on Mac + iTunes - where's my music gone? How do I get it back?

Since my original post my music has reappeared. I'm not sure how. In the interim I've tried removing and reinstalling 7.6.1 and also removing and then installing 7.6.0. I'm now back to 7.6.1. The music library is back and it has included music that I've added to the library this week.

This issue remains...

On the Squeezebox Server under Advanced I have tried activating:

Look for new and changed music

Clear library and rescan everything

Only rescan playlists

and the result is the same - the server hangs, the timer stays on 00:00:00 until I abort it, and yet somehow it has now rescanned my entire library but still not any playlists which remain empty.

What should I do? I use playlists a lot.

Logi Browser
nigeyb

I have no idea how or why, but suddenly the playlists have started to rescan too and they're appearing in my library again.
Thanks.

Logi Browser
nigeyb

I conclude it must have been the final uninstall/reinstall that fixed it. Anyway I'm a very happy Squeezebox owner again.

Logi Browser
nigeyb

And now it won't rescan playlists again.  I click on Rescan 'Only Rescan Playlists" and nothing happens at all.

Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Logi Browser
nigeyb

Another Mac User, on another forum, told me he had the exact same issues. On the advice of Logitech support, he downgraded to 7.5.4 and all worked again.  I've done the same thing and it seems fine now.

7.5.4 is here...

http://downloads.slimdevices.com/SqueezeboxServer_v7.5.4/

I hope this helps anyone who experiences the same issues I have.  I've wasted a lot of time on this and feel very frustrated.  

Why release an upgrade that doesn't work?