Logi Browser
hydrophish
Accepted Solution

Squeezebox Radio Shows as "Not Connected." How to reconnect?

How do I reconnect my squeezebox radio to the server?  I've tried bouncing the server on my desktop, rebooting my squeezebox, factory reset on my squeezebox, nothing seems to work.  The server can "see" the squeezebox because when I change the squeezebox name, the new name is reflected on the server, but it still shows as disconnected.  I don't think it's a networking problem because it did work briefly, plus I'm able to access all of my music on my desktop.  I just can't get the web remote to work.

Thanks,

fish

Logi Guru
garymc

Re: Squeezebox Radio Shows as "Not Connected." How to reconnect?

by web remote are you referring to the remote at mysqueezebox.com? It shows as disconnected there because you aren't connected to mysb.com but to your own SqueezeboxServer (SbS). If you're running SbS you shouldn't ever need to connect to mysb.com (as you can do everything that mysb.com does plus play your own music with SbS). To do web control for the radio when connected to SbS, enter the following in your browser (if you are on the same computer as is running SbS:

http://localhost:9000/

From any other computer within the same network, enter this in your browser:

http://192.168.1.15:9000/

replace 192.168.1.15 with the actual IP address of the computer running SbS.

Office: Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > SqueezePlay
Spares: VBA 4TB, SB3, Touch (3), Radio (3), CONTROLLER
Controllers: iPhone (iPeng), iPad (iPengHD & SqueezePad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
Files: Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Tagging - mp3tag, Spotify
Logi Browser
hydrophish

Thanks for the explanation, but then I'm not sure what is the purpose of mysb.com?  I thought it was so you could control your squeezebox from outside your network.  I had it working briefly before, but then I think my firewall started blocking it.

Logi Guru
garymc

If your players are already set to use mysb.com, you can control it from outside your network. For example, I can turn on my bedside boom via my iphone running iPENG in the middle of the night when I'm out of town. My wife would divorce me, but I could do it.  Could also do it from mysb.com.  But again, ONLY if the players are connected to mysb.com. If the players are connected to my local Sbs running on my own computer, I can't control from outside my local network.  This said, there are ways to gain access to your local SbS and LAN outside your LAN with port forwarding and that sort of thing.

mysb.com is simply SbS running on a national server rather than SbS running on your local server. They do the same thing. Of course, since mysb.com is for everyone, you can''t play your own music and you can't add plugins (although you can add a few apps).

Controllers: iPhone (iPeng), iPad (iPengHD & SqueezePad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
Logi Browser
hydrophish

Okay, I think I understand it now, your SB can only be connected to MySB.com OR your local SB server. I thought it could be connected to both and controlled from both.  The site doesn't seem to be too clear on this point, thanks for the explanation.

Logi Guru
garymc

You got it!

(but to add to your confusion, anything you can do from mysb.com, you can also do from SbS (that is, if you have your local computer running with SbS 24/7, you never have to switch from SbS to mysb.com).  On the other hand, on mysb.com, you can't access your own music, or run some of the SbS plugins. 

Logi Visitor
varunaX

[ Edited ]

Hey gary, im seeing the exact same issue as the original post.  I dont get it though.  Im able to install apps on mysq.com and i see them on the radio, so my radio is definitly 'connected', no?   also when i stop the sbserver on my pc, and i try to select the 'My Player' link on the website, i get the 'oops you dont have a player registered...' page.  It says i also have to make sure my "Squeezebox is turned on and connected to your network." which doesnt make sense if you say you can only be connected to the website if its not connected to the server.

i guess im just wondering how you can get the radio to show up as 'connected' on the website...?

<edit> nevermind, you were right.  i found unless you explicitly tell your radio to connect to mysb.com, your player will always be 'not connected' on the website.   a little strange you are correct

Logi Browser
Banbers

How do I get my Squeezebox to connect to the sBS and not the Mysbs? I'm really confused...

Logi Guru II
squeezeit

To switch from MySB.com to your local SBS server select My Music from the player, a switch to SBS should be offered.

Logi Browser
srbuk

Can I ask which version of SBS (version and OS) is being used and if it has been resolved.

I have the same problem with my Radio using 7.5.2 (also tried 7.5.1 and 7.5.3) on Windows Home Server, sometimes only a full reboot will restart it (although Classic usually continues to play).

As it is runnining SBS onWHS Logitech have refused to help so would gratefully accept any advice.  I am regretting my purchase, Logitech's responses have been useless and they refuse to acknowledge there is a problem.