01-06-2010 04:49 PM
For my christmas gift i have received a brand new Formula Force EX driving wheel. It was working just fine until now. The problem is that the LED on it is off, and the force feedback is dead. It wasn't like that - everything had been fine until today. I was on the phone while playing so i haven't notice the moment it stopped to work. What is curious is that all the buttons, steering wheel, and pedals are working fine - the system knows exactly which buttons i am pressing and the whole set works in the game...except force feedback - it just behaves as there was constant resistance on the wheel regardless if drive on tarmac or hit the tree. I am enclosing some info below as to what i have already tried:
- removed all logitech software from the system, including folders on the system drive
- reinstalled whole logitech software - tried from original CD, polish logitech site (some windows 2000 drivers - now this sux there are no drivers more up to date, really, you could do something about it), english logitech site (windows 7 64bit drivers).
- uninstalled drivers and restarted system couple of times
- tried other usb ports
- checked all the settings in software (including force feedback enabling/disabling)
- I am sure the steering wheel is on
- I am sure i have put the usb cable in AFTER the installer asked
- I am sure it worked just fine until today
My computer setup is(i hope this will help):
System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Proc: AMD Phenom 9950 Quad 2,61GHz
I am using Logitech spekers and G5 mouse with software.
After installing the steering wheel software after deinstalling ALL logitech software i see 4 logitech items in Device Manager in Human Interface Devices:
- Logitech Formula Force EX USB
- Logitech Formula Force EX USB(HID)
- Logitech Virtual Hid Device
- Logitech Virutal Hid Device (the same as above)
I hope this helps - please let me know how to fix this issue and if you wold like any other info.
01-06-2010 10:08 PM
I got similar problem with Formula Force EX and described it in "Formula Force EX problem" post. 2-3 days after that the LED was off. I think this wheel or power adapter have problems, some defects. The real problem for me is that there is no guarantee for Logitech products in the country where im living. I had to buy Logitech Chillstream gamepad yesterday, no guarantee too. But I'm sure u can return the wheel and get a new one.
01-07-2010 01:09 AM
What you mean is that my two weeks old Logitech steering wheel broke? And that there are more cases like this? Logitech, please respond to this - is sending the wheel back the only option? What about QA? Aren't these tested or something?
01-08-2010 02:16 AM
It would be really nice if you could at least write "sorry, we don't have a solution to this problem yet - please return it to your local retailer" or something...there is nothing worse than official support WITHOUT any support.
01-08-2010 11:10 AM
This is an end-user to end-user support forum. Have you tried calling into our support team? The phone number is located under Support - Contact Us. They will walk you through the troubleshooting of this wheel, and if it is indeed broken, set you up with a replacement.
In the mean time, have you tried:
unplugging everything, including AC adapter from unit and wall
Wait 30 seconds
Replug AC adapter to wheel
Replug AC adapter to wall
Reconnect the wheel to console/PC
Then start up the game again?