Logi Nu
Panapanel

Does the G35 Headset work with the PS3

My questions are, is the logitech G35 headset compatible with PS3??? And does it suppert 7.1 surround sound??

Greetzzz Me

Logi Journeyman
acydlord

Re: Does the G35 Headset work with the PS3

Welcome to the forums. The G35 does not currently work with the PS3 because the PS3 doesnt have the capability to work with USB audio devices. I've been bugging some Sony devs about it for awhile now cause I want to get a G35 for my PS3.
Logi Apprentice
rduke

Don't know about the G35 and PS3, as I don't have one to try, but USB audio definitely works with the PS3, at least with simpler headsets and microphones.
Logi Journeyman
acydlord

I tried the G35 with the ps3 and it gave no audio =/ I know the ps3 works with the usb vantage headset, but the g35 requires drivers if I recall.
Logi Nu
chadlauricella

[ Edited ]

Message Edited by chadlauricella on 07-03-2009 12:47 PM
Logi Nu
Panapanel

chadlauricella, if you've read some of the earlier posts you should have noticed that the ps3 doesn't suppert audio output trough the Usb.

I've got another question, is there, in the whole wide world, 1 headset that works with the Ps3 voice chat, game sounds and has dolby 5.1 or better? 

Logi Browser
mattchu26

The PS3 does not support USB system audio. You can use the simple Mics and Headsets for in game chat only. That is the extent of the PS3's USB audio capabilities.
Logi Visitor
Vizionblind

how lame. Guess I will not be getting this headset then
Logi Nu
JinglePJones

I got audio when I tested the Mic Level and I was able to hear my own voice, so I believe that the PS3 DOES support audio through USB but the earlier post stating that drivers will be needed I believe is most accurate.  I love the Headset and tried to use it this morning as the sounds of Assassins Creed is driving my wife crazy the last two days playing it.

Logi Nu
blackburn

I have tried using my G35 with ps3 and it works, but only with voice chat.

I mainly play Uncharted 2 and there i hear everyone talk perfectly through my headset and all other sounds comes from the TV speaker

(kinda annoying as the G35 got much greater sound reduction than any other headsets i have used)

tl:dr

Yes it works, but only for voice chat (ingame and friends)