Logi Nu
criese

G27 - PS3

I am considering the new G27 to be used for my ps3.  I have never used a wheel for a console before and am wondering just how / how well it works.  Seems like it would be supported by most racing games for the sytem, of particular interest is Gran Turismo, Need for Speed: Shift, Burnout.  Do they also support the shifter and clutch?  And how about all of the configurable buttons?  Can they be used, or are they strictly for PC use?  Will I just be able to plug this into the ps3 and it will detect it no problems?  So, who has the G27 with the ps3?

Logi Nu
ddalley

Re: G27 - PS3

[ Edited ]

There seems to be a number of G27 / PlayStation (GT5 Prologue or other games) incompatibilities, but it will take someone from Logitech who knows to answer why. Apparently, Logitech is in talks with SONY to fix the incompatibility, but I am not sure how they can fix the problem with older, non-PS3 games.

For example, with Prologue, because the G27 does not have a sequential shifter, the paddles don't work and the shift light also doesn't work. There may be other problems I am unaware of, since I don't have a G27.

Logi Browser
ps3users

Just got my G27, plugged it in and turned on Need for Speed Shift.  WOW, it took it to a new level.  I was skepitcal at first, spending $300 on a steering wheel but I'm glad I did.  You can use the clutch and shift manually, use the paddle shifter, automatic or just turn on auto clutch and shift as you like.  Couldn't be more happy with the G27.  I only play NFS shift and will get the new GT5 when it comes out.  Hope this helps.

Logi Nu
rticwulfps3

Hey PS3users!!  I'm setting up the G27 right now but when I installed the discs into the PS3 they did absolutely nothing.  Are the discs supposed to start up automatically or are they not needed when u set urs up?? Thanks for your help!!

Logi Nu
leeoak

Just got a G27, and NFS shift..  was working fine for the first hour.  after that , I can shift just with the paddles. the gear box if up goes to 3rd gear if down to 4th . even if |I try 1st . it goes to 3rd. or 2nd , it goes to 4th.

does someone know why that os happening?

but the first hour I was playing everuthing was fine . no problem........

thanks

Leo

Logi Browser
ps3users

I believe those disk are for the computer, not the PS3.  All you should have to do is plug it into the PS3 and everything should work fine.  You can't have any other controllers hooked up at the same time or it will conflick with the wheel.  You will have to use the six speed shifter part for all the buttons.  Bottom buttons, from right to left, the second one from the right is your start button.  The top buttons that are in the shape of a triangle, the bottom button is your X, top is the triangle, rt side is the O, and the left one is the square.  That should get you started.

Logi Browser
ps3users

regarding the shifting, if you want to shift manually you have to turn off teh automatic shifting in the options.  You can still shift with this feature turned on and the system will always over ride you with the gear it thinks is should be in.  Once you turn that off, you should be able to shift with no problems.

Hope this helps

Logi Nu
christmas

i also have ps3 g27 and gt5 prologue combo,. i can't get the clutch to work, any suggestions?

w

Logi Nu
NMF1

On the stick shift piece to make the clutch work push the button at the highest point (where triangle would be). Did you get the paddle shifters to work mine won't work?

Logi Nu
Russco

Hi PS3 User,  can anyone tell me where the PS Button is on shifter, and can we actually programme the 16 buttons including the 6 on wheel itself. ???