Logi Nu
olabil

Wireless guitar controller for ps3

Hello.

I just unboxed a brand new wireless controller for my PS3. It won't pair up with the dongle.

I've seen alot of people have the same problem.

What the f? Logitech are you slacking?

Should i just return the guitar and stop buying logitech peripherals?

Here's what happens:

I connect the dongle to the PS3. It keeps blinking green every other seconds. The guitar looks dead, so I press the PS3button and guess what, its still dead. The lights doesnt flash, to indicate that its turned on or that its just missing a sync/connection to a dongle.

I've tried pairing up by holding PS3 + the little button on the dongle for 10 seconds +..

Gonna try it without batteries for 30 minutes now, to flash the memory....

Logi Nu
olabil

Re: Wireless guitar controller for ps3

Didn't help "resetting the memory" by keeping batteries out for 30+ minutes.
CharlesB

So, when you press a button on the guitar, you see no lights at all? Try putting in a fresh pair of batteries.

Logi Nu
olabil

I have tried several different batteries. Also confirmed that the batteries work on another guitar. The lights on the Logitech guitar just won't light up, and there's no indication that a sync is being initiated on the dongle / guitar. I have also tried holding the PS3 button while pushing the "sync button" on the dongle, and alot of other similar combinations, without luck. The dongle itself blinks green and looks to be working/responding like it should, the guitar just won't light up at all... Are there any ways to diagnose it? I see an RJ45-plug on it...?
CharlesB

[ Edited ]

That RJ-45 plug is the expansion port that Red Octane wanted us to put into there. Unfortunately you cannot perform, as far as I know, any diagnostic proceedures through there.

The wireless guitar should automatically start seeking once the batteries are placed in the unit. If the red player # lights do not activate, then there is something amiss inside the guitar. I'd contact customer support for assistance, but I don't know about current support stock inventory in Europe.

Frankly, for a guitar to leave our factory, it goes through a complete calibration and test of all of the buttons and variable inputs, so the only thing I can think of right away is that something jiggled loose during shipping. But, opening the guitar voids your warranty, so I'd just contact support.

Logi Nu
olabil

Thanks for the reply. Based on your reccomendations, i brought the guitar back to the store I bought it from, and got a new one without any questions asked. Guess what, the new one doesn't work either. Now i'm starting to wonder: Is there anything at all i could be doing wrong? I mean, it can't be anything else then unboxing it installing the dongle on the PS3 Installing the batteries on the guitar powering up the PS3 and then try to push the PS-button on the guitar.. This new guitar behaves just like the old one. Dongle seems fine, blinking and awaiting to be paired up but the guitar won't turn it's lights on. (i tried another pair of batteries just to be sure..)
Logi Nu
CRTaylor

I am also having problems pairing my brand new guitar controller with my 120Gb PS3 Slim. The dongle is continuously blinking green. I do have red lights blinking on the strum bar, but none of the buttons work. Do these things actually work with the PS3 slim ?

Logi Nu
Al1965

I just purchased the Wireless Guitar, using it with my PS3 slim, and as soon as I installed the batteries it made the connection. I have used it for three days and there has been no issue with Dongle communication. (thought my slider does not work). Not sure if it matters, but I have the Logitech dongle plugged directly into the PS3.

Logi Nu
Kraemer

Yeah they do work with the slim PS3.

However my receiver stopped working.....doesn't sync anymore with the Guitar.

After endless E-Mails with Logitech and calling Customer Support I was offered a refund cause a replacement could not be issued.

Now they are telling me that they can't issue a refund or replacement as I live on Guam.

What the f.......

Logitech really **bleep** in my opinion.......I won't be buying anything from Logitech in the future.

DISAPPOINTING

Logi Nu
Kraemer

Is there any way to buy a new receiver dongle for the guitar......

Otherwise I wasted  $99 on a beautiful looking but worthless Guitar !!!!?????