Logi Nu
thecanyon2k4

Driving force pro not working!

[ Edited ]

So a friend of mine gave me his driving force pro wheel to play Gran Turismo 4 without the power cord. I plugged everything in and it did not self calibrate as others have posted on here. There is just a blinking light on the left. I tried putting it in both USB ports to no avail. The buttons on the wheel work, though the wheel and the pedals do not work at all. So I ordered a new power cord from logitech, though it was not the one for my wheel. The customer service representative advised me to order the power supply for a G25 wheel and assured me that it would work. I recieved it and It still doesn't work.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Message Edited by thecanyon2k4 on 02-24-2009 01:07 PM
Logi Nu
thecanyon2k4

Re: Driving force pro not working!

There's no one on here that can help me?
CharlesB

Are you sure the technician told you to get that AC adapter? Might there have been a miscommunication between getting the G25 AC adapter and the non-G25 AC adapter? If you remember the technician's name, please PM it to me and I'll see if I can do some research into this, also any emails or names you might have used when contacting customer support.
Logi Nu
thecanyon2k4

Unfortunately I do not rmember the person's name. Is it possible that I might have recieved the wrong AC adaptor? If that is the case can I return the one I recently purchased to exchange it for a the one that I need?

I didn't think anything of it, but the part of the plug that goes into the wheel is doesn't go in that firmly and kind of wiggles around...

CharlesB

Well, what does it look like? Does the transformer box plug against the wall, or is there a cable that runs from the wall to the transformer box? There should also be a PN off the bottom, starting with a 19. What's that?
Logi Nu
thecanyon2k4

[ Edited ]

There's no PN number; I think it's made by a third party distributor ("Asian Power Devices Inc"). It goes from the steering wheel into the transformer, and then the transformer has another chord to the wall.

http://www.laptopsaleusa.com/catalog/98_1_bl_46_1.JPG

Looks just like that, except the cord on the right is round at the tip as to fit the outlet in the wheel.

Message Edited by thecanyon2k4 on 02-25-2009 05:39 PM