rfm
Logi Nu
rfm

Also can't get the remote to select the right input

I have a panasonic TH-42PV700F tv.

I have this model added to my devices, but never could get the power-on to work, so I added the TH-42PV700 (EU) and found out the TH-42PV700F is no longer in the database (it even asks if I want to upgrade that one which adds the (EU) model)

And now I'm able to set a delay for the power-on button, so that works, but if I select this model switching between inputs no longer works. Especially to AV1 which is my cable TV (settopbox).

In change inputs -> device setup : How do you change inputs with original remote ?  I used to use method 2 but the SetAVSInput AV1 does nothing and there is no other input for AV1.

There is AV but it only brings up the input menu on the TV.

So I tried method 1 with the AV button selected, but that also does not work and always is 1 or 2 steps off.

Also tried the help button and it cycles through the input menu on the tv but the remote doesn't seem to learn from it because I have to do this every time.

I spend a whole day on this trying just about everyting (I could think of) and I'm at a loss.

Logi Legend II
hhatkin

Re: Also can't get the remote to select the right input

Have you tested the other set of Input commands, HDMI1-3, PC, and Video1-4, to check whether they get you to the settings you need?

rfm
Logi Nu
rfm

I did test those, hdmi, tv and pc work.

video 1-4 do nothing just like SetAVSInput AV1(2,3,4)

There is a direct (working) input command for every input except AV1 (and AV2 and up, but I'm not using those), or at least I can't get it to work.

The strange thing is, the previous TV model (700F) did work for me, I had method 2, everything pretty standard settings. And when I switched from an HMDI activity to AV1 (TV) it scrolled through the input menu to AV1.

But after adding the new model (700 EU) even the old 700F doesn't work anymore. And the old doesn't have a direct AV1 input either, so I'm totally puzzled.

I also already tried making new devices and activities, but that didn't work either.

Logi Legend II
hhatkin

rfm wrote:
I had method 2,....when I switched from an HMDI activity to AV1 (TV) it scrolled through the input menu to AV1.

Method 2 selects the input directly, it does not scroll at all, so there was something wrong about that.

What is the problem now, which input or inputs can't the Harmony select?

rfm
Logi Nu
rfm

I don't know what to tell you but originally with method 2 it scrolled to AV1. I have no idea if I did something special to make that happen, but it could be since its not working anymore.

Anyway, AV1 is the only input that is not working, probably AV2-3 too, but I'm not using those. There doesn't seem to be a direct input command for AV1, or at least its not doing anything (SetAVSInput AV1). InputVideo1 also does nothing (although I'm not sure if that is supposed to be AV1)

Logi Legend II
hhatkin

OK, so you should still be using Method 2, and only one input that you need is not available - right?

rfm
Logi Nu
rfm

yep, I'm now using method 2 and when I switch from hdmi1 to av1 it doesn't work. The tv shows no menu and does not switch to AV1.

For now I added an extra button on the remote that is the AV button of the original remote, so I can switch to AV1 manually.