Logi Browser
Adamator

Can't Login to Harmony Software

I have multple Harmony remotes with different logins. I don't often need to use them. Last night I thought I was logging into my "Main" account and it turns out I logged into an account that was never fully set up. Now whenever I launch the software, it is stuck on this final setup page to plug in a remote (My old 880 which I no longer have) and complete the set up. I can't bypass this, log out, or anything!

I've tried to uninstall the software 3 times. Help. How do I get it back to the login screen on the software so I can log into my proper account?

The remote I'm trying to log into is my Harmony One if that matters.

Logi Legend II
rhachey

Re: Can't Login to Harmony Software

Log out of the account, and uncheck "To remember me on this computer"

Logi Browser
Adamator

But I can't get to the login screen. That's the whole problem. I'm stuck in this endless setup loop. It wants me to complete setup on an old remote and I can't get out of it.
Logi Browser
Adamator

To clarify, this is the screen I cant get past:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20558670@N00/7523118656/

It brings me to that as soon as i load the software. I've even uninstalled it and soon as I reinstall, it goes right to this screen.

Logi Apprentice
saintalan

[ Edited ]

Hi I had a similar problem with multiple accounts and swear somehow the usernames had been changed!

However i was able to get to new user/login page and resolved it fom there.

It seems though you cant get that far, so my only thoughts for now.

1. Is the RC plugged in? If so start with it disconnected.

2. Can you clear the cache?

3. Do you have another PC to try

4. What happens if you Click NEXT?

5. I'll keep thinking!

Cheers

Alan

Have you read the FAQ Sticky?
Logi Nu
philshare

[ Edited ]

I encountered the same problem. The way I got around it was to plug in an old worn out harmony 550 and I went through the cycle until I was able to hit finish. Then the logout button appeared in the upper right hand corner.

Logi Nu
PatrickTT

[ Edited ]

Don't feel too bad. The Logitch hardware is only [Edited] by the slow and buggy software. It's total crap. Buy something else. I've run accross a lot of cheesey and crappy software in my career, but this Harmony remote control programming software is amongst one of the top five crappy programs I've been exposed to in 30 years of computers and electronics. Bad bad bad. It almost qualifies as a virus or malware.

[Content Edited. Reason: Violation of Community Forums Terms of Use. While we welcome your opinions and constructive criticism, please note that Logitech reserves the right to remove material in violation of our terms of service. Intentional violation of our Community Forums Terms of Service may result in temporary or permanent account ban.]

Logi Nu
brucerpeterson

I am having huge problems with my Harmony 880 remote. I've had it for years, along with a 659. I've set them both up with fairly complicated setups. I was a tech professional. But I'm caught in an infinte loop that I can't get out of. 

My two accounts have a username that is just a name, not an email address. I realize that somewhere along the way, Logitech changed things so that new users create usernames with an email address, but up till now that has not seemed to be a problem for me. I recently got a new LG TV because my old Sony died so I wanted to update the remote. I encountered a problem where I couldn't figure out how to switch inputs on the TV because the LG remote is too smart - there is no key on the remote for switching inputs. Instead you use a joystick and navigate around on screen menus. So I wanted to login to Logitech support to figure out how to set up the remote to deal with the LG TV.

However when I try to login into my account on the web site, it says my username and password are not correct. I tried all the usernames and passwords that I thought it might want (I have them in 1Password) to no avail. So I clicked on the Reset Password link and the link that I got in the email from Logitech doesn't work. Safari says it can't find the server. 

So I have no way to login to my old account. I even tried creating a new account and then immediately tried to login to it but that login also failed. So I'm basically at whit's end. I have no idea as to how to solve the problem.

There's also been this Catch-22 where I couldn't get into the forums without being able to login first. But somehow right now I seem to be able to send a message so I'm trying to take advantage of this and hope this gets through to someone who can help me.

Thanks.

Logi Nu
brucerpeterson

I figured out that the first alternate account I tried to create did not work but when I used a 3rd email address I was able to create an account that is now letting me post this message. But I still want to be able to access my old account so I don't have to completely set up the remote again from scratch.

In addition, the original problem I had relates to the page in the Harmony Remote Software where you get a page with 4 different options for how you change the inputs on your TV. But none of those apply so I don't know what to do. It would seem that the only way around this problem is that Logitech knows this remote and knows the commans that it can send to the TV. There is no way that the 880 can learn anything from the LG remote.

Thanks for any help.

Logi Nu
brucerpeterson

And one more piece of interesting information. I am able to login to my old account using the Harmony Remote Software 7.8.1.0. I just can't login to my account on the web.