Logi Nu
rdrees

Deleting old and adding new device

I have a Harmony 650 that I set up with six devices.  I am replacing my DVD.  I deleted old DVD and watch DVD activity and successfully updated remote.  I am not able to add new DVD because when I try to add new DVD, software says only six devices allowed.  However, old DVD was deleted and device tab only shows 5 devices.  How do I fix?

Logi Legend II
rhachey

Re: Deleting old and adding new device

Did you upgrade to your 650 from a previous Harmony Remote, that allowed more than 5 devices?  If you used the Replace remote option to transfer your settings from your old remote, and you had more than 5 devices, all those devices would have been transferred to the 650 even though the 650 can only accept 5 devices. But when you delete one device and try to add another device and you have 5 or more devices in your profile, you can not add another device until you get below 5 devices level.

Logi Nu
rdrees

No, this is not an upgrade from previous remote.  The model 650 I have allows for 6 devices and I had it set up using all 6 available.  I was simply trying to replace my old DVD with a new one.  Knowing the 650 can only handle 6 devices, I first deleted the old DVD and the Watch DVD activity and updated the remote.  After doing that there is only 5 devices controlled by the remote as shown under the Device tab of software.

I then went to add the new DVD, but the remote software gives a warning that I cannot add a device since there are already 6 devices.  But there are really only 5.  The remote still thinks there are 6 devices even though only 5 are showing on showing on Device tab.

Logi Legend II
rhachey

[ Edited ]

See this Remote Comparison chart, the 650 as listed can only control 5 devices.  Are you using the 7.7 software, or the MyHarmony.com website to setup the 650?

Logi Nu
rdrees

Well,  I erased everything and started again.  Everything works fine now.  

I am able to control 6 devices though.   I have a Denon AV Receiver with two zones, that I can control separately with the Harmony 650.  Zone 1 for living room and Zone 2 for outside, playing separate devices.  The Harmony 650 displays each Zone as a separate device, along with a DVD, PVR, CD and TV for a total of six.  So I guess it counts the AV Receiver one device but displays it as two.  Go figure.  Works for me.