06-23-2012 10:56 AM
My Harmony 700 worked just fine until I updated my system recently. I replaced a Yamaha RX-V661 receiver with an Emotiva UMC-1 pre/pro and separate power amps. I have reprogrammed my remote to remove the Yamaha (and an HDMI switch box) and replace it with the Emotiva.
I have three activities:
1. Watch TV (Panasonic G10 and Comcast Pace 110 STB)
2. Watch DVD (Samsung BD)
3. Roku (XS)
I have one consistent problem and a few intermittent problems. The consistent problem is that when I start any activity, the Emotiva always defaults to the last input before I turned it off. It has separate input buttons for an almost infinite number of inputs. I have tried delays and I have tried changing order of devices, but I cannot get it to go to the new input when I turn it on (not entirely true, it worked once, but never since). The Help button always solves the problem, but who wants to push that button every time? How do I fix this?
The main intermittent problem is that the STB does not always turn on when I Watch TV. A mirror problem is that the DVD sometimes turns on even when not asked.
Can this somehow be related to the prior equipment and setup? Is there a way to wipe the slate clean and start over, or am I already doing that every time I reprogram the 700?
06-25-2012 06:35 AM
once you create a new account it removes the previous settings on your remote,
what delays are you chaging? Have you tried to increase the Power On Delay of your Device? try to double the default delay
06-25-2012 07:33 AM
I was unable to connect to most Logitech resources over the weekend. I got the dreaded network error message, even though it was clear that the problem was on the Logitech end and not mine.
I managed to connect to MyHarmony and do a clean-up on the remote there. I tried to use the software to add a delay, since MyHarmony won't do that, but it either did not respond at all or told me to log in every minute or two, effectively requiring me to start over.
Advice from another website pointed me to the PowerOn Delay, and some time spent using Google while waiting for the software to respond taught me that pushing and holding the HELP button for five seconds would allow me to change that setting without reliance on the software. A six second delay seems to have completely solved the problem.
Thanks. Problem solved.