Logi Nu
Refactored

Harmony 900 won't control Xfinity's X1 DVR

We just swapped out our existing DVR setup with the new Xfinity X1 DVR. The remote receivers they use are Pace RNG-150N devices. The Harmony software appears to recognize the device, has IR commands already setup but for whatever reason once I've synced the remote I cannot get past the "turn on" step. Oddly though if I lie and say it's on, the next step to shut it off works.

There is only one power button (no dedicated on/off) so I'm thoroughly confused as to what to do next.

Additionally, if I skip the on/off portion and click my "Watch TV" activity I cannot control the device so it's pretty clear that it's not registering correctly all around.

Any tips? Beginning to get quite annoyed that I can't watch TV since this upgrade (not even w/their original remote because the Pace device is outside of the room (on the other side of the wall, beneath our basement stairs).

Thanks in advance!

-K

Logi Journeyman
bizwiz41

Re: Harmony 900 won't control Xfinity's X1 DVR

Refactored wrote:

We just swapped out our existing DVR setup with the new Xfinity X1 DVR. The remote receivers they use are Pace RNG-150N devices. The Harmony software appears to recognize the device, has IR commands already setup but for whatever reason once I've synced the remote I cannot get past the "turn on" step. Oddly though if I lie and say it's on, the next step to shut it off works.

There is only one power button (no dedicated on/off) so I'm thoroughly confused as to what to do next.

Additionally, if I skip the on/off portion and click my "Watch TV" activity I cannot control the device so it's pretty clear that it's not registering correctly all around.

Any tips? Beginning to get quite annoyed that I can't watch TV since this upgrade (not even w/their original remote because the Pace device is outside of the room (on the other side of the wall, beneath our basement stairs).

Thanks in advance!

-K

Does the original remote work the DVR box?

If so, then we may need to look at playing with the model number to make the Harmony work.