08-06-2012 05:03 PM
Before I upgrade to Mountain Lion I thought I better do any changes to my Harmony 900. (given the history of how long it takes for working software to come out of Logitech when Apple upgrades OSX)
By manually entering the network configuration, I had been able to get things working in OS X 10.6.
When running OS X 10.7.4, Harmony 7.7 communication with the remote wouldn't occur.
Deleted and created a new Harmony 900 network configuration. Green light is on showing connected. No communication.
Downloaded Harmony 7.8.0 software, installed it, immediately turned around and uninstalled it using the app, and restarted my iMac.
Logged in to my account. No communication.
Java preferences are at Apple defaults.
08-07-2012 04:29 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. This worked when I set the security criteria for 'download from Anywhere'.
The only other problem occured when setting up the device and communication would not proceed - problem was corrected after checking with troubleshooting that I was connected through a USB Hub. After connecting the device directly to my iMac rather to a USB Hub setup went perfectly.
08-08-2012 06:39 PM
08-09-2012 09:58 AM
My Harmony 1100 is totally unconfigurable through the Mac software.
When I purchased this device a year ago, I was stil using Windows-based devices, including for my home theater server. The Harmony configurator software worked great there, and I was very pleased with its performance.
After switching everything to Mac (including a Mac Mini as an HT server), I tried to reconfigure my Harmony 1100 using the Mac software. To my surprise, the configurator is totally unusable. Many of the dialog options simply don't work right - some key dialogs don't have a working "OK" button, so you can't save changes. This is crazy; it feels like the software is 95% done, but the other 5% is fatal. And it hasn't been updated since v1.0 in April.
Plesae, guys - fix this!! I paid $350 for a remote that I can't configure because of these software issues.
08-10-2012 06:15 AM
If you are still having some problems with the harmony software not communicating with your Mac
We have a new harmony software for Macintosh OS X 10.5.x - 10.8.x
Download link Harmony Software 7.8.1
08-10-2012 07:13 AM
It still doesn't work. Difficult to understand for me, how hard can it be? I get a green light in the network-screen, just as before. The updater is stuck at 0%.
08-10-2012 08:03 AM
Can you try to disable the firewall on your computer.
Try to manually configure the USB drivers on your mac ( Check on the previous page on how )
08-11-2012 09:45 AM
Yes, i've done that. It. Does. Not. Work. I've also not heard from the email support-departement, despite the promise.
I'm guessing the next steps will be another series of blind attempts. Not a fan. I guess i'll start looking for another remote.
08-11-2012 10:01 AM
Uninstalled the software and installed 7.8.1, having tried all of the solutions listed in this thread to no avail, I was expecting this to just work.
IT STILL DOESN'T WORK and I am losing my patience now!!
I would love to know if the Logitech staff are sucessfully updating remotes in Mountain Lion or not? If they aren't then why aren't they acknowledging this as a big problem and telling us what they are doing? If they are then surely it can't be all that hard for them to identify what is wrong?!
08-14-2012 05:40 PM
Add me to the list of users where the 7.7.x software didn't work with 10.7 and the 7.8.x software doesn't work with 10.8, they both did/do the same thing even if reinstalled; Beachball on the splash screen with "Done!" at the bottom, I have to force quit the app.
This is simply pathetic. I initially set the remote up using Windows a couple of years ago, now I need to make some changes and I don't use Windows any more. Great. This has clearly been an issue for a LONG time and it's still not fixed, even in new releases. This isn't rocket science!
Anyone want to buy a Harmony One? Ugh...