ModeratorTeam
Accepted Solution

Logitech Harmony Remote Software - Mac only BETA Update

[ Edited ]

We continue to work toward Harmony software compatibility for Harmony 900, 1000 and 1100 customers who use 64-bit Mac OS X. Starting today, we have opened a public BETA program to continue testing the user experience and compatibility.

Over the coming weeks we will evaluate customer feedback and plan to release a final version of the software to our customers.

If you uncover any issues as you test this BETA software release, log the details in the forums for our developers to review. Please include your Mac Hardware (MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac etc), Operating System versions (10.6.8, 10.7.3 etc) and Harmony Model number (H900, H1100 etc) to help us debug. The BETA software USB connection might not reliably be detected by the software on first connection, so try unplugging and replugging. If this does not resolve the issue, please ensure to leave your feedback below.

If you have read the known issues and have interest in testing the new software, please find the BETA software release disk image at: files.logitech.com/dhg/LogitechHarmonyRemoteSoftware7.8.0.Beta-OSX.dmg

[Admin Edit: The BETA program is now over. Please download the release version of the 64-bit Harmony Remote Client for OS X via the product support page ]

We look forward to your feedback and appreciate your input.

Logitech Community Team

BtT
Logi Nu
BtT

Re: Logitech Harmony Remote Software - Mac only BETA Update

After the installation it tried creating network interfaces but as I am using a standard account I had to "unlock" network settings to create them.

But there was no connection at all .. tried update my config and firmware several times .. then deleted all the created network interfaces and tried it again .. no effect. Except it doesn't create any interfaces anymore .. maybe bad .. I don't know.

My system is a

Harmony 1100eu

iMac

OSX 10.7.3

Thanks

Ben

Logi Nu
marvin32

Aliright 

downloaded the sotware, ran the update,  plugged in my extender, no problem communicating,  then proceed to plug in reomote control to continue update,  Unfortuantely, no luck communicating with remote as the software believesw the remote is sleeping.  

So, back to the drawing boards.

marvin

Logi Team
hpychan

If you delete the network interface, you need to add it back manually from network pane.

Once you delete network interface, the Mac OS X assumed you never want it back unless you added it back manually.  

Logi Nu
Blok

[ Edited ]

After installation my Harmony 900 was not recognized, because I had added it manually as a network interface the previous time. I now saw 2 interfaces with 192.168.142.1

After changing the old (manually added) one to different IP, the remote could be updated. Only I had to remove the usb cable when it says restarting the remote. Otherwise, it does not see it again. But it updates fine.

Logi Team
balamaran

Marvin, Thanks for trying out the beta software and providing your feedback. Please let us know the MAC Hardware and OS versions and the Harmony remote used for us to try and reproduce your issue

Logi Browser
jukkaforss

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I got ip-address to my Harmony, so software did recognize harmony fine.

But not able to update remote, nothing happened software just say connect remote.

Harmony 1000eu

iMac, OSX 10.7.3

Logi Nu
Jonny8ball

Thanks for finally making this software work with lion :smileyhappy: i can finally finally use my remote!!

Everything works perfectly 

Harmony 1000

Mac OS X 10.7.3

Logi Nu
WSAY

[ Edited ]

I am willing to accept that LogiTech screwed its Mac customers.  I have now lost hundreds of dollars on this crap.    It will be a cold day in hell when I ever buy any of theirtheir products again.  Does anyone know where I can but universal remote that is supported on Macintosh?

Content Edited. Reason: Violation of Community Forums Terms of Use. While we welcome your opinions and constructive criticism, please note that Logitech reserves the right to remove material in violation of our terms of service. Intentional violation of our Community Forums Terms of Service may result in temporary or permanent account ban.

Logi Nu
HEITZ

I HAVE TWO HARMONY 890 REMOTES. THE FAMILY ROOM REMOTE SCREEN WENT BLANK... NO LUCK CONTACTING SUPPORT AND SO I PURCHASED ANOTHER REMOTE 900 SERIES. I USE MAC LION 64 BIT.  HAS THE ISSUES BEEN CORRECTED AND IF SO, HOW CAN I DOWNLOAD THE NEWER SOFTWARE? THANKS