Logi Nu
poisike

Problem with Harmony One and Motorola VIP1903 (database settings doesn't work at all)

First of all, i have been very satisfied with the Harmony One remote until now. But now i have a problem and there seem to be no support available (sent a email to support on Sunday but no reply until now), so if anyone could help me i would really appreciate it.

To the problem. I bought a new STB Motorola VIP1903, it is available in Logitech database, but not one button works. If i click "Confirm infrared commands" in software, it tells me that i have the best commands available, but it still doesn't work.
If i learn every command from the original remote, then it works. But the problem is that it learns all commands in raw format (no matter what i try), so every command has a one second pause and this is not usable when scrolling the channel list.

So to my questions, has anyone got the Motorola VIP1903 working with the settings from database?
I did read in the forums that it is possible to get the raw commands analyzed (and remove the one second pause), but how can this be done if there is no response from support?

Logi Nu
poisike

Re: Problem with Harmony One and Motorola VIP1903 (database settings doesn't work at all)

I just discovered that the settings from database work if i point the remote to something else but the Motorola unit. If the remote has direct view of the Motorola unit then it doesn't work. If i point the remote to (for example) my hand at a 45 degrees angle to the Motorola unit then everything works like it should. Strange isn't it?

I also learned that there are at least two types of Motorola units, the AT&T remotes operate at 36khz and the one i have operates at 56khz. Could it be that the settings in Logitech database are for 36khz remotes? And this is why it doesn't work for me? If it is so, is there something that can be done about it?

Logi Nu
srle

Re: Problem with Harmony One and Motorola VIP1903 (database settings doesn't work at all)

[ Edited ]

I have the exact same issue with the Motorola VIP-1x03 boxes (VIP-1003 i VIP-1903 use the same remote).

I have not noticed that the settings work if you send them at an angle.

The settings my Harmony 555 learned are mostly no usable because of the lag and because of the command repeats that occurs on some of the commands. The remote in question is Motorola MRCU180 - http://www.motorola.com/Business/US-EN/Business+Product+and+Services/Accessories/IP+Set-Top+Accessor...

I hope support can help with this.