Logi Browser
papanic
Accepted Solution

Samsung Smart TV Hub button with harmony 650

Hi all,

I need to set up my Harmony 650 with the "Smart Hub" button, for the Samsung 60" Smart TV Model UN60F7050AF ( See link for actual TV specs). I tried to learn the "Smart Hub" button but it looks like that button is operated via bluetooth and I can't get to replicate so I can have the Harmony 650 learn it.

Has anyone dealt with this before? I'm sure a lot of TV's out there have a similar issue so I figured I'd ask around.

Thanks!

Spoiler
Spoiler
:smileyfrustrated:

Logi Master
idicev

Re: Samsung Smart TV Hub button with harmony 650

Hi panaic

On our smaller(!) smart Samsung F8000 amongst the default commands from the database is 'InputUSB' which displays the smart hub. The same command is present for the UN60F7050AF device, so maybe that would work?

Regards

Chris

Logi Browser
papanic

The 'InputUSB' is not showing up in the command list for my product which I thought was odd. Can I try to load a similar product that will have the 'Smart TV Hub' command as well?

Logi Master
idicev

Yes you could try the Samsung UE55F8000 device. Nothing lost if the buttons do not work.

If Input USB works, but some others don't, you could copy just InputUSB to another learning remote and back to your Samsung 60" H650 configuration

Logi Browser
papanic

Good point, I could do that. I'll see if the tv responds to the command. Could logitech add it to their remote database at least?

Logi Master
idicev

papanic wrote:

The 'InputUSB' is not showing up in the command list for my product....

papanic are you sure about that?

I just checked again with an H650 and MyHarmony database and was able to confirm that the InputUSB key is indeed present in the default lcd commands for the device Samsung UN60F7050AF

Logi Browser
papanic

OH I see it now when I try to add an LCD button for the 'Watch Smart TV' activity that I have. The problem is, I wanted to add it to the sequence for the 'Watch Smart TV' activity but InputUSB is not accessible.

If I go to 'Activities'-> ' Watch Smart TV' -> ' Customize Activity' and then try to 'Add a step' for the Samsung TV, and add command, it doesn't have InputUSB which I thought would be listed. That's really where I need it.

Logi Browser
papanic

On another note, I'll just set the TV to InputUSB on the original sequence! Thanks!!!!

Logi Master
idicev

[ Edited ]

papanic wrote:

OH I see it now when I try to add an LCD button for the 'Watch Smart TV' activity that I have. The problem is, I wanted to add it to the sequence for the 'Watch Smart TV' activity but InputUSB is not accessible.

If I go to 'Activities'-> ' Watch Smart TV' -> ' Customize Activity' and then try to 'Add a step' for the Samsung TV, and add command, it doesn't have InputUSB which I thought would be listed. That's really where I need it.

Interesting - hadn't noticed that no inputs are offered as commands which can be added in 'Customise Activity'.

However it does make sense because, when you set up 'Watch Tv' for samsung Tv,  there is a page headed "Which input should your Samsung Tv be set to when you start your Watch Tv activity?" - where you CAN select 'InputUSB'

edit: (as you said while I was posting this!)

Incidentally I had the opposite problem and did not want the Smart Hub to come up when starting the Tv and eventually found an option to avoid that in the Menu.

On our Samsung Tv the setting is found at:-

Menu> Smart Features> On tv settings> Auto Start (On = Open smart guide automatically when you turn on the tv)

Logi Legend II
rhachey

In MyHarmony.com both input and power commands are not available to add as additional commands either to the start or ending of an activity