Logi Nu
curtismb75070

changing "speaker" & "audio out" settings on Sony Bravia 55EX710 using Harmony 880

have activity "TV Music" where components used are DirecTV DVR hdmi to Sony TV, Denon Receiver via TV's optical digital out, Onkyo receiver via TV's L/R Audio out.  My Harmony setup activity DOES NOT offer option to change TV's "Speaker setting" from "TV speakers" to "Audio system" and visa-versa NOR "Audio Out" setting from "Variable" to "Fixed" and visa-versa.

I'm currently having to make those changing using Sony's remote after starting "TV Music" with the Harmony 880.  Changing activity back to "watch TV"  via Harmony 880 again forces me to use Sony remote to set Speaker setting and Audio out to opposite of prior use.

How do I create commands using the Harmony 880 to accomplish without using the Sony remote?

Logi Legend II
rhachey

Re: changing "speaker" & "audio out" settings on Sony Bravia 55EX710 using H

As far as the volume buttons controlling the AVR instead of the TV, when you setup the Listen to Music Activity, one of the questions that would have been asked was what device controls your volume, had you selected the AVR, then those buttons would control your AVR, To fix this in your Listen to Music Activity, select Customize Buttons and change the volume buttons from your TV to your AVR.

Logi Legend II
hhatkin

[ Edited ]

Are you saying that the original Sony remote has some commands that are not included in the Harmony base?

If so then all you have to do is use the "learning" function to get them into your account.

When they are available you can simply Customise them to buttons and send them the same way as you do now.

Alternatively you could include them as Additional Commands When Activity Starts, to be sent automatically.

Logi Nu
curtismb75070

thanks, I need big help with that! The SONY remote has a "home" key.  Depress "Home key", then depress "left key" five times to "Settings", then "down" to Sound, then "enter", then "down" two times to "Speakers", then "right key" to choose "TV Speakers" or "Audio System", then choose, then "down key" to "Audio Out", then right key" to choose "Fixed" or "variable", then "return key" three times to go back to TV picture.  How does one add all that to the Harmony so that when I want to listen to TV music, these steps occur?

Logi Nu
curtismb75070

I've got my "primary" AVR (Denon) as unit to control the volume and that works.  that's not my problem.  In order for the sound to go also to the Onkyo AVR, I need for the TV sound settings to be changed from "tv speakers" to "audio system" and the TV audio out settings to be changed from "variable" to "fixed".  This is due to my use of two AVRs.  The Denon drives my Great Room Surround system and the Onkyo drive the speakers thru-out the house.  I only use BOTH AVRs when using TV Music  and CD.  thanks for your suggestion - hope you can add more.

Logi Legend II
hhatkin

[ Edited ]

It is possible to include any number of commands as Additional When Activity Starts though I must admit this is the first time anyone has wanted to add as many as that!

To do it you go to Settings and Review Settings, select "Yes but I want more control", then go through the pages to the one headed Custom Actions, where you add them one at a time.