Logi Nu
dunio

Crackle Movies stop playing and go back to the start...

First, if all you are going to do is take shots at Revue, Crackle or anything else related, please don't bother replying... 

I've only had my Revue a few days but have a problem with Crackle Movies.  It seems during the day they play fine but anytime after 5PM the movie just stops and resets itself back to the start.  When it happens, it's kinda like when the every 10 minute commerical comes on but it happens at random times.  I'm inclined to think it's a Crackle issue as other movies like Netflix work fine and my wi-fi shows strong signals. 

Crackle movies never chunk, breakup or show any signs of network slowdown during play, they just act like the commerical is about to start and the screen goes back to the start.  Any clues to why this happens?  Because it only happens after 5PM makes me think it's bandwidth and traffic related but there are none of the typical slow streaming issues associated, the movie just stops and goes back to the start!  TIA...     

Logi Master II
CatfishRivers

Re: Crackle Movies stop playing and go back to the start...

I have only tried a Crackle movie once. It played good for about the first 20 minutes or so then it just froze. Nothing I tried at the time could get it unfrozen. It was before 5pm when this happened.

Logi Nu
dunio

Odd how much traffic these forums get when the threads are **bleep** sessions, but ask a legit question and very few have anything to add...  Oh well!

I've watched several Crackle movies without issue but it seems in the evening they start acting up.  Maybe they throttle their site as they get busy...  A friend having problems with streaming on netflix found that by pausing the movie for 10-15 minutes created a bigger buffer and the movies don't stall.  I'm going to try the same thing next time on crackle... 

Logi Master II
RZ

First you need to identify that this problem is specific to revue, and not caused by your internet service provider/crackle. Try using a different device (like computer) to see if it works ok. If you are unhappy with the forums, try contacting customer support, as they are the only legit source for customer support. They will most likely redirect you to crackle, so you can start by contacting crackle right away.

Logi Rook
norbert26

I know this won't help much but i have had the same issue for over two months. Its crackle as other streaming sites that are NOT blocked work fine. i _think_ part of the issue is it chokes trying to load a commercial.

Logi Visitor
buckgeis

I've had great success with Crackle films. My only complaint is that they don't have much variety in commercials.  However, they are mercifully short.  

Logi Nu
dunio

Well when I stream crackle from my PC I don't get the commericals, the same one gets old after a while, I haven't had the problem with streaming crackle on the PC that I have on the Revue which combined with no commericals on the PC now kinda points to a Revue issue in my mind.  I also stied streaming crackle from the chrome browser but that just open's the Crackle app to play the movie. 

Another question, is Revue responsible for the apps like crackle or is it still in crackles hands for support?  

Logi Master II
CatfishRivers

Crackle isn't an app per se - rather it's a web site that's been optimized to work with Google TV (using the Chrome browser). As such the optimization of the web site lies in the hands of Crackle. That being said - future updates to Google TV will likely improve the way Google TV navigates web sites and plays various kind of videos.