Logi Nu
whitec42

Dish Network DVR (VIP722K) Remote for Second Tuner Problems

I hooked up a Dish Network DVR (VIP722K) to the Revue. The Revue recognized the DVR and set it up perfectly. This DVR has two tuners. On the first DVR tuner I can use my IR remote in the main room to change channels and bring up the guide with no problems. The other DVR tuner is hooked via coax output to a TV in another room. This tuner’s remote uses RF. I can only turn on the remote TV, but cannot change channels or bring up the guide. Suggestions please.
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
OmarHarmony

Re: Dish Network DVR (VIP722K) Remote for Second Tuner Problems

Hi,

Control of the second tuner will require the use of a TV2 IR Converter Kit (sold separately) from Dish Network.

Check out this webpage. It provides an explanation.

Regards,

Omar

Logi Nu
trebortoe

I think that I have the same problem as this customer.  But I think that he mis-typed the symptoms.  I too have a single VIP722K with two televisions attached.  The first TV has an IR remote that controls it.  The second TV has a UHF remote that controls it.  The two TVs used to work perfectly and independently of each other , until I hooked up the Revue. 

The Reveu and the old primary remote still work perfectly to control the primary TV.  However the 2nd remote does not work properly. 

The question is what do we need to do to get the second TV to function again.

Logi Nu
trebortoe

the article suggest that the Revue is like the slingbox and that I need to convert TV2 to use IR and not UHF.  Why is this so.  Does the Revue cause the UHF not to work any more?  Looking through the config of the VIP722k it looks like UHF is still active?  I am confused as to why the 2nd TV remote sto[pped working.

towboy123
Topics: 126
Kudos: 507
Solutions: 152

ON the TV2 go to the system info screen by pressing menu twice on the receiver. 

Then press buttons on the TV2 remote and you should see the TV2 icon flicker

___________________________________________________________________________________
If you are looking for official Logitech Customer/Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<.
Your Friendly Dish Network Technician
My views don't represent Dish Networks views I am just here to help
___________________________________________________________________________________
Harmony Home Control, Hopper Sling and Wireless Joey, Sony XBR55X850B, Sony STR-DA3400ES, Sony PS4.
Whats not being controlled by Harmony is a Phast-8 Amp and a Panamax Power Conditioner