Logi Nu
BradleyWells

HDMI to TV flashing problem

Hi , I have set up my Revue to my HDTV. Its a Sinotec, a fairly cheap full-HDTV that usually plays full 1080p content easily.

But when I plug in my Revue it doesnt keep the display on. The tv seems to flash on and off, as if it was changing resolutions. I get the blue screen and between flashing i might get a glimpse of the GoogleTV UI, which it seems is operating correctly.

I thought that perhaps the Revue was trying to Auto-detect the appropriate resolution, but i hooked it up to another display and set it to display to 720p and then hooked it up the the Sinotec but it still does the same thing. 

To be honest I dont know whether the fault lies on the Revue possibly outputing at 60mhz which the tv could not handle?

Im lost , please help, got this thing shipped from the states , now i cant use it on the 42' HDTV :smileysad:

Logi Nu
vitriolix

Re: HDMI to TV flashing problem

I am having this exact problem with my Hanspree HF289H.  I use it regularly with HDMI and my Xbox, but when I plugin the Revue, the first Google TV boot logo shows up fine, then it seems to try to change resolution or something and my screen will show the picture for a second, then flash off and the tv will complain there is no signal, then flash back to picture, etc.

Anyone resolve this yet?

Logi Nu
BradleyWells

I havent found any solution, but since its showing for that split second I deduced that its a problem on the TV side . I phoned the support center of the TV manufacturers, and spoke to a technician. he reckons that the TV does a auto-adjust to the signal. Im not sure what its a adjusting to, but its obviously not fiinding a  suitable setting, and thus it keeps switching modes.

I am still stumped by this as there is no place where this can be changed either on the TV or the Revue.

bad luck for us it seems

towboy123
Topics: 126
Kudos: 507
Solutions: 152

It sounds like HDCP issues what happen if you connect only the Revue to the TV?

___________________________________________________________________________________
If you are looking for official Logitech Customer/Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<.
Your Friendly Dish Network Technician
My views don't represent Dish Networks views I am just here to help
___________________________________________________________________________________
Harmony Home Control, Hopper Sling and Wireless Joey, Sony XBR55X850B, Sony STR-DA3400ES, Sony PS4.
Whats not being controlled by Harmony is a Phast-8 Amp and a Panamax Power Conditioner
Logi Nu
scooterpants

Hello, first time posting, haven't had a problem until now...

I got my Revue up and working around the new year, and it worked flawlessly since then.  I have been running the cable from the set top box into the revue and then to the AV receiver and then to the tv. The other day we had an ice storm and the power went out and around the same time I added my computer to the hdmi splitter on my AV receiver. I really don't think or know if either of these occurrences had anything to do with my cable now blinking when sent through the revue.

The blinking in and out is basically a black screen with no audio for 0.5-3.0sec and then clear video with or without audio for 0.5-1.0sec. No observable pattern but it is constant and unwavering.

I have tested my cable and it works fine without being run through the revue. The cable does not blink when run straight into the tv or through the AVR and then to the tv. I have also found that the cable blinks regardless of the AVR as long as it is run through the revue. 

So I feel that I have pretty much narrowed the problem down to the revue but I can't explain why after a month of no problems the cable now blinks in and out if run through the revue. I have tried turning the revue on and off, disconnecting power and rebooting, to no avail. I have tried multiple HDMI cables. The blinking only occurs when the cable is run through the revue. I don't really want to but I think I will try completely reverting the revue to factory settings but I am doubtful that this will help. 

If anyone has any other suggestions please feel free to share them and I will post again if I make any progress.

Logi Nu
scooterpants

Okay, so in case anyone else runs into this same situation I "fixed" my problem by fully rebooting my cable box.

A fully factory reset of the Revue did nothing as I expected and the cable was flickering when attempting to be detected by the Revue.

I unplugged my cable box for a full five minutes to make sure it had to fully reboot and after that the image run through the Revue was stable and no longer flickering and driving me crazy. 

I'm glad that the solution was related to the cable box and not the Revue, just so I could keep the unit in the living room with the wife's approval. :smileyhappy:

Now when is that app store coming?...

Logi Nu
migmigmig

Yes, I have this problem too.  Also with a "Hannspree HF289H" tv.  It worked until it updated its software.

Also posted on this forum url:

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Revue/No-Signal-After-Update/td-p/503656/highlight/false

Did anybody get any solution?

Logi Nu
plb4333

Make sure your TV is not doing automatic picture adjustments. Primarily that its not doing a 'Dynamic Picture' setting. If its on dynamic picture, just disable it.