Logi Nu
steveemm

How to play content from Android phone to TV?

I expected the Revue would support playing content from an Android phone to the TV. I expected the feature to "fling" whatever is on your phone to the TV would do this, but it appears that only works for internet content, such as youtube videos. I've been able to use DLNA to stream content from my PC to the TV. But when I setup my phone as a media server, I can see the phone from the Revue as a server, but I can't see any of the content that's on the phone. I can stream content from phone to PC, but not from phone to TV via Revue. Any help on how to do this? Thanks, Steve
Logi Nu
ME Engineer

Re: How to play content from Android phone to TV?

I experience the same problem. No answers yet, I see.

Logi Nu
MysticalTux

Hey Steve, what server software do you have installed on your Android phone?  I'm using "Twonky" on my Nexus One and I'm able to stream content from my phone to the Revue.

Give Twonky a go and it should work for you.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
OmarHarmony

Hi ,

The availability of the Share feature depends on the application you are running. Some applications have this feature enabled, others don't. I suspect that more apps will begin to enable the Share feature in the future, which will then allow you to push more content from your phone to your Revue.

As MysticalTux, you can download Twonky server on your Android phone and share any videos, pictures or music that you have on your phone.

Regards,

Omar

Logi Visitor
bukzin

What would be the iOS version for my iphone 4S ?

Thanks!

Logi Visitor
id242

[ Edited ]

Try iMediaShare for DLNA serving on your Android or iPhone to your Google TV device (Logitech Revuew).

For Android...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bianor.ams

For iPhone...

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/imediashare-lite-video-on-tv/id302026401?mt=8

And I supose that you could even stream back and forth between your iOS and Android devices with this software as well.

In the past, I've used it to display photos on the Revue that were hosted on an iPad2.

Logi Visitor
dewd_1969

For simple sharing checkout Able Remote.