Logi Browser
garyrogue

Is it necessary to connect TV cable box to Revue?

Hi

I just got this for Xmas.  Starting to do setup.  Was wondering if it is necessary to have Direct TV cable box routed into the Revue Companion instead of leaving the Direct TV cable box connected to TV ?  Will I gain features by having TV cable box hooked up?  Will I loose features by not haveing cable box routed into the companion?   My TV has 3 HDMI inputs, so I could leave Direct Cable box into input it is in now and plug the output of the Companion box into another HDMI input.  I do not have any AVR stuff, just cable box straight into TV.

Thanks

Gary

Logi Guru
Eferzz

Re: Is it necessary to connect TV cable box to Revue?

garyrogue wrote:

I just got this for Xmas.  Starting to do setup.  Was wondering if it is necessary to have Direct TV cable box routed into the Revue Companion instead of leaving the Direct TV cable box connected to TV ?  Will I gain features by having TV cable box hooked up?  Will I loose features by not haveing cable box routed into the companion?   My TV has 3 HDMI inputs, so I could leave Direct Cable box into input it is in now and plug the output of the Companion box into another HDMI input.  I do not have any AVR stuff, just cable box straight into TV.

No.  Set-top boxes are only necessary when you want to integrate the internet and television view experience.  And its not limited to cable or satellite but over the air television as well.  However, you can use the Logitech Revue without a set-top box. 

Photo Aug 02, 4 26 16 PM.png

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Browser
garyrogue

thanks Eferzz

Yea, I got to that step and stopped.  Intergrate the experience, I guess that means have a small window of a TV program going while doing internet things.  Not sure what I could do or wanted.  I think for now I leave it separate, not hook up the cable box in-line.  For now I'll just get comfortable with the internet viewing.  I hope I can always go back and reconfigue it.

thank

Logi Browser
garyrogue

Well finally did it, been so busy wanted make sure  I had time.  But it was farily fast and easy.  Did do the full connection, Direct TV box in Revue box.  Seems to be working fine, watched some YouTube videos, wife got on to her Facebook.  Just the start, a lot to learn, many many questions and searchs to come.  In fact I'm not sure everything or what it can do.

Thanks