Logi Nu
rlshog1

Logitech Revue users guide?

I just bought a Logitech Revue, and although I haven't yet got the TV set I'm going to use it with, it seems to me that the included getting started guide is totally inadequate documentaton.  Is there a more detailed users manual available that will show me more of what it do?  I've been unable to find such a thing, but I can't believe one is expected to learn the things that this thing is supposed to do with what I've got now.

towboy123
Topics: 124
Kudos: 505
Solutions: 152

Re: Logitech Revue users guide?

It is actually quite simple.  The Revue will walk you through setup.  Then if you need any help you go to help on the Revue and it will teach you most everything you need to know.

Anything else just come here and ask

___________________________________________________________________________________
If you are looking for official Logitech Customer/Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<.
Your Friendly Dish Network Technician
My views don't represent Dish Networks views I am just here to help
___________________________________________________________________________________
Harmony Link, Logitech Revue, Sanyo DP-55441 HDTV, Dish Network Hopper and 3 Joeys,
Sony STR-DA3400ES, Sony BDP-S350 BluRay, Squeezebox Classic, Sony DVP CX875P, Sony iPod dock, Sony PS2, XBOX, Wii. Whats not being controlled by Harmony is a Phast-8 Amp and a Panamax Power Conditioner
Logi Browser
coogrr

Towboy123,

I agree 1000% that the user documentation is not adequate. Especially if cannot get it installed so you can read the online documentation.

A great example from my thread is that you need a G-mail Google account. How are you supposed to know that? Devine intervention?

I do appreciatre your efforts. But a few paragraphs about install issues, tips, and tricks wouldn't cost a great deal.

Logi Master II
RZ

I think at least the full list of supported keyboard shortcuts is a must. Computer keyboard has its limitations for media use, and Logitech did amazingly little to accommodate it (they should have made an inventory of available buttons on other devices to see which ones would work for Revue to simplify the online video watching experience). 

A much more detailed discussion of bookmarks and queue. I personally think that the current queue makes no sense the way it was implemented - it should be called something else. My feeds, my favorites, or something similar. Queue should be used to schedule continuous play of various programs on this media player - as a playlist - so I can schedule my entire day of TV watching and forget the remote - Revue would do the job of flipping the channels, switching to DVR, playing online videos, etc...

Logi Visitor
bigdtc

Revue has attempted to provide everything you need online via the Logitech Help Assistant - go to http://revue.logitech.com/support  then on the left are a series of online guides, Getting Started, Beyond The Basics, and Troubleshooting.  Most of the answers, including keyboard shortcuts, are in there - but because they are posed in a question/answer format, not always easy to locate - but the answers seem to be there.  Go there to find the equivalent of a manual.   I write technical training manuals - along with several other responsibilities -  for a living, and truthfully,  the level presented here is not adequate - or organized well for an average user.  Most technos forget that the average public comprehension level is somewhere about 7th to 8th grade.    And the truth is, if you need to reference something quickly, like shortcuts, you want a paper copy by your recliner - not an online copy you have to hunt up.  So they did a good job documenting stuff, just not offering it in the requisite paper format, with all the see and say pictures most folks like.

Logi Master II
RZ

Yes, you can search the user guide.

But it does not provide full information, nor does it provide more geek-oriented information.

If the average consumer does not need these things, it does not mean that they should not be documented for other consumers in some way. I actually think a couple of pages with lists of features would be much more helpful than online videos/tutorials. And I would not mind browsing them on my computer while watching TV... 

Logi Visitor
bigdtc

RA, I would agree with the full information, and didn't mean to imply that geek-oriented info  - all the details on setup and support, including how to fit in advanced networks - is not needed =- cause it is desperately needed, as evidenced by the board.  Sounds like we both agree that the existing availability of information is not good for any audience.

Logi Rook
ebony124

You guys are aware there only 7 ports on the back of the revue box.. 1 hdmi in , 1 hdmi out   1, power port , 1 network port , 2 USB ports.And  the little red button to pair or reset the box.. The rest of the configuration is  a walk thru process.On the screen.. So I guess I am confused as to were a manual would  make it any easier..And as I discovered  Logitech support has been very easy to reach an responded real quick to any issue I had..  Even  with my issue being one of software crashes.They haven't fix it yet but the fact they called me back to troubleshoot the issue make me  want to hang on to the box even more..

Logi Master II
RZ

"getting started" includes more than setup. How do you learn that you cannot connect FIOS set top box and AV receiver together to Revue?

From forums, I guess.

How do you learn where the address bar is for the browser?

There are lots of basic information that you need to stumble upon by accident, like using tab to switch between  two channels.

Or figuring out why Napster does not play audio - you are pretty much left on your own, even tech support is quick to send you back to Napster...A quick user guide could take that frustration away.... These are simple things!