Logi Nu
zorlan

Long Delay when changing channels using Direct TV PVR

There is an annoying excessive delay when trying to change channels.  I am using the revue with a direct TV HD PVR.  This delay is up to 3-4 seconds.  Sometimes the command doesn't even seem to register. I am wondering if this is a known problem and if something is being done to address it.

Thanks,

Z

Logi Journeyman
TheSANTechnolog

Re: Long Delay when changing channels using Direct TV PVR

This is something that I am just noticing within the last week with DirecTV.  I have the revue between the HR24-500 and a Sharp TV.

I haven't checked to see if this is happening with my DirecTV Remote, but I'm guessing it will, since DirecTV has these issues sometimes, however, it usually follows a software upgrade to the STB.  There hasn't been one on my HR24-500 since 11/16/2010.

My usual action is to reboot my STB which I'll do today, since this is something that just cropped up and nothing in my configuration has changed.

Logi Nu
117HD

Hello Zorlan

I have that problem also with excessive channel changing delay. I am using a Harmony One remote, the channel changes but it takes 1-3 seconds like your issue. Have you had any powering on delays that is another issue I am having the Direct TV HR24-500.

Logi Journeyman
TheSANTechnolog

This issue went away for me, I use the standard Revue keyboard remote, and I have an HR24-500 HD DVR.  I would try to reset your DTV box, also make sure you have good line of site for the IR blaster.