Logi Browser
rtate78

Netflix Audio Loss

Has anyone else noticed audio dropping out for a second or two every few minutes or so?  My internet connection is 10 Mbps at worst, so I don't think this is the issue.  I have never seen this happen with the PS3 Netflix app.  Thanks!

Logi Journeyman
TheSANTechnolog

Re: Netflix Audio Loss

Have watched about 10 Netflix movies so far with no audio loss.  I have gotten the occasaional drop from HD to Standard streams when I overload my network but that is about it.

Logi Nu
Brandon B

Yeah, I'm having this issue too. It seems to only happen when I watch HD movies on Netflix.

Strangely, I've been able to watch the same HD Netflix movies on my computer and my Samsung set top box without any audio stuttering at all, so the problem seems to be isolated to the Revue.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
OmarHarmony

[ Edited ]

Hi,

In order for us to investigate the issue, we need some more information:

What type of router do you have?
How do you have the Revue connected to your Network? Wired or Wireless?
If wireless, how far away is your Revue from your wireless router or access point?
Can you describe your network to me? (e.g. Multiple Routers, Access Points, switches, hubs, etc..)
Have you tried plugging the Revue directly into your main router, and seeing if the issue(s) still exist?

Regards,
Omar

Logi Browser
rtate78

Hi Omar,

I sent you a PM on 10/28, but haven't seen any response to those issues.  I understand you are very busy and popular in this forum, because you really seem to know your stuff.  Some of them have been corrected, such as the frame rate problem and my internet connection.  Nearest I can tell, but you can be the judge of that.  As far as this issue is concerned, listed below are the answers to your questions.

Router: HomePortal 3000 (U-verse)

Connection: Wireless 

My router is upstairs, but no more than 30 feet away.  My Revue was formerly in my cabinet, but I only received 1Mbps at best.  I moved it to the top of my entertainment center, where it is out of sight from the viewing area.  I now can get 10Mbps consistently.  This was one of the issues I requested assistance for in my PM.  Not sure if speed is the issue.

Network Config:  My network is pretty simple.  Just the one router connected at the wall upstairs, 30 feet away with barely any obstructions as my Revue is atop my cabinet next to an open stairwell up to the loft where the router is located.  I also have a PC in the room next to my Revue which is obstructed severely using a Linksys wireless USB adapter with no network issues.  I am unable to plug directly into the router as my television upstairs is just a tube tv with no HDMI or optical sound.  I do not see this issue with the PS3 Netflix application at all.  I only hope they can update the Google TV Netflix application to the same style.

I would like to repeat one of the uncorrected issues from my PM to you on 10/28.

Harmony One
  • I am unable to control my set top box with the Harmony One while in my newly created Watch TV activity with Revue changing the channels.  I have attached the IR blaster to be sure it would control, but it will not work.  I also noticed that there are default buttons on the touch screen for all of the Revue apps.  I was under the impression that the Harmony One could not control the Revue.  If you can be of any help with this I would be grateful.  I an use the Revue keyboard when I want to use the Revue box, but it would be nice to have my Harmony with one touch access to Revue functions like apps and such.
Sorry to ramble, but I want to be sure you have all the info you need.  Feel free to PM me as I'm on this forum nearly every day to check for updates and problems to look out for.  The release of the Revue seems like an extended public beta, but that is fine with me as long as problems are addressed.  I love the product so far, just waiting for AT&T U-verse to get the integrated DVR functionality so I can fully use the service like it was intended.  
Lastly, I just remembered a problem I am having.  I have entered a ticket and received a response from Logitech support, but the issue isn't resolved.  Reference #101104-002212.  None of the podcasts will load.  I initially subscribed to a couple and played one of them.  Since that first day, none of them will pull down episodes.  The all say...Error, could not load feed and an option to Retry that doesn't work.  Sorry to lay all of this at your feet, but like I said, you seem to know your stuff.  Thanks for any help you can provide.  I really do appreciate it.
Ray Tate
towboy123
Topics: 124
Kudos: 506
Solutions: 152

If you power off your TV does the harmony control your Devices properly?

___________________________________________________________________________________
If you are looking for official Logitech Customer/Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<.
Your Friendly Dish Network Technician
My views don't represent Dish Networks views I am just here to help
___________________________________________________________________________________
Harmony Link, Logitech Revue, Sanyo DP-55441 HDTV, Dish Network Hopper and 3 Joeys,
Sony STR-DA3400ES, Sony BDP-S350 BluRay, Squeezebox Classic, Sony DVP CX875P, Sony iPod dock, Sony PS2, XBOX, Wii. Whats not being controlled by Harmony is a Phast-8 Amp and a Panamax Power Conditioner
Logi Browser
rtate78

I'm afraid I don't understand your question.  My harmony works fine in every respect for any device I have ever added to it......except for the revue.  When I created the Watch TV activity per OmarHarmony's instructions in the Revue forum, it did not work consistently.  I had the IR blaster pointed directly at my STB and maybe 1 of 10 commands were actually successful.  I use the Harmony One with my TV, AVR, PS3 and my STB with no issues.

I would simply like to use it with the Revue itself.  If this is not possible, that is regrettable.  I would like to be able to control the home menu and applications without having to use my keyboard.  I like the keyboard, but I also have a $180 remote I'd like to take advantage of.  If the Revue has Harmony logic built in, I haven't seen it.  I could be wrong however.  When I setup the activity giving the Revue the job of changing channels, it did notice that there were application buttons on the touch screen portion of the remote.  That would indicate by default that it is possible to control the Revue with the Harmony One.  Just need help.

One added snag is that I had to move my Revue to the "roof" of my entertainment center cabinet.  This is roughly 5' or so from my STB, so if the Harmony One can control the Revue/STB, I am not sure the IR blaster will reach to point to the STB.  

towboy123

Power everything on

Then manually turn of the TV

Send a GTV specific command from the Harmony

Power the TV on and see if the command had any effect on the Revue

There has been reports of the TV interfering with the way the Revue sends and receives IR and I want to rule that out.

Also under 

Settings>Input Devices>Harmony something>did you enable the use of Harmony remotes

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer/Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<.
Harmony Link, Logitech Revue, Sanyo DP-55441 HDTV, Dish Network Hopper and 3 Joeys,
Sony STR-DA3400ES, Sony BDP-S350 BluRay, Squeezebox Classic, Sony DVP CX875P, Sony iPod dock, Sony PS2, XBOX, Wii. Whats not being controlled by Harmony is a Phast-8 Amp and a Panamax Power Conditioner
Logi Browser
rtate78

I'll give that a try.  I had removed the Revue completely from my Harmony devices as it wasn't working.  I'll add it back and see what happens.  I have made the setting change in the Revue to allow Harmony remotes, but couldn't tell if it worked or not.  I assume you just enable and that is it.  There was no pairing or anything that I saw.  Thanks again for the insight.

towboy123

yep just enable it

Have you had to learn any command to the Revue?

If so did that work well or did it take many attempts?