Logi Browser
jakwo

Netflix Not Working

Every time I log into netflix I can do everything within my account except stream content.  I consistently get the message "We're having trouble playing this title right now. Please try again later or select a different title".  Doesn't matter What I do all titles do the some thing.  Speedtest indicates download of around 12Mbs while dsl report flash test indicates around 5Mbs.  Is there a problem with this app that will not allow me to stream.  Logitech blamed it on Netlix, Netflix blamed it on either Logitech or ISP.  ISP says it must be logitech.  I can successfully stream on several different platforms on same network (i.e. computers, phone), just not the Revue (by the way it is hardwired not wireless).  Any help would be appreciated.

Logi Guru
Eferzz

Re: Netflix Not Working

jakwo wrote:

Every time I log into netflix I can do everything within my account except stream content.  I consistently get the message "We're having trouble playing this title right now. Please try again later or select a different title".  Doesn't matter What I do all titles do the some thing.  Speedtest indicates download of around 12Mbs while dsl report flash test indicates around 5Mbs.  Is there a problem with this app that will not allow me to stream.  Logitech blamed it on Netlix, Netflix blamed it on either Logitech or ISP.  ISP says it must be logitech.  I can successfully stream on several different platforms on same network (i.e. computers, phone), just not the Revue (by the way it is hardwired not wireless).  Any help would be appreciated.

I had just finished watching Wrecked on the Revue, and before that Blitz on the Sony Internet TV.  So, I doubt the problem is with the either the Logitech Revue or the Netflix app.  You might want to check your firewall or ISP to check if there's something blocking connection with Netflix's media servers.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Browser
jakwo

I can log on to my account but just can't stream using the Revue.  Also can stream using 2 different computers and a phone on the same network. Some wired and some wireless.  That would seem to indicate that it shouldn't be a firewall problem correct? How could the ISP cause issues if I can log into my netflix account browse around, etc using the revue but not stream any content.  This is not an isolated event.  I have only been able to stream once since I have had it (several weeks) and it was while I was on the phone with netflix and heard her indicate I wasn't getting aurthorization from their servers, but now can't get anyone at netflix to indicate the same.

Logi Guru
Eferzz

jakwo wrote:

I can log on to my account but just can't stream using the Revue.  Also can stream using 2 different computers and a phone on the same network. Some wired and some wireless.  That would seem to indicate that it shouldn't be a firewall problem correct?

Not necessarily.  Some routers have the ability to shut off access to particular ports at certain times.  Certain Port Forwarding rules can cause incoming requests to go to a different internal IP address.  If I were you, I'd temporarily disable any additional settings to test it, and/or at least put your Google TV's in a DMZ.

jakwo wrote:

How could the ISP cause issues if I can log into my netflix account browse around, etc using the revue but not stream any content.  This is not an isolated event.  I have only been able to stream once since I have had it (several weeks) and it was while I was on the phone with netflix and heard her indicate I wasn't getting aurthorization from their servers, but now can't get anyone at netflix to indicate the same.

As I understand Netflix uses to ports 80 and 443, so it is very possible that one port is giving you access to the catalog while the other one is preventing you from streaming.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Browser
br1252

I  had the same problem and tried everything to fix it.  What finally worked for me was to power off the box (unplugged power cable) for 30 seconds and then back on.

..Bob

Logi Browser
jakwo

I put the Revue in a DMZ and it did exactly the same thing it has been doing.  Browse in account but no streaming. Tried it both wired and wireless, attempted MAC filtering.  Nothing seems to work.  If it were a firewall/router problem shouldn't putting it in a DMZ solved that issue.  Don't have any idea what to try next.  Could there be some kind of issue with my modem as I have my phone service through the cable company as well.  Eferzz I appreciate your help.  It is further than I have gotten so far.

Rebooting does no good, neither does clearing cache, deleting devices from netflix, etc.

Logi Guru
Eferzz

jakwo wrote:

I put the Revue in a DMZ and it did exactly the same thing it has been doing.  Browse in account but no streaming. Tried it both wired and wireless, attempted MAC filtering.  Nothing seems to work.  If it were a firewall/router problem shouldn't putting it in a DMZ solved that issue.  Don't have any idea what to try next.  Could there be some kind of issue with my modem as I have my phone service through the cable company as well.  Eferzz I appreciate your help.  It is further than I have gotten so far.

Yes, placing the Revue in the DMZ should have alleviated any firewall symptoms.  And I don't think having internet, phone, and cable should bare any problems.  I have Time Warner's Triple Play service and Netflix isn't a problem for me.

Try this...

1. Go to GTV Settings > Network > Network Information
  2. Write down the IP Address, Ethernet and Wireless MAC addresses.
  3. From a computer type, "ping <revue's IP address>"
  4. Then type, "arp -a".
  5. Match the Revue's Net Info with one of the arp's "Internet Address" & "Physical Address".
  6. If it matches, then type "ping -t <revue's IP address>" to ping it continuously.
  7. Now unplug the Revue from the electrical outlet

At this point, the Revue should stop replying to the pings.  Wait a little bit because if your computer indicates that something responds again without you replugging the Revue, then there might be a device on your network with a duplicate static IP address.  Otherwise, if this doesn't help you figure out the problem, then its probably time to contact Logitech. 

Logi Browser
jakwo

Thank you for your response first off. I was thinking of pinging it, but that is all I could have done. The additional steps are what I need.  I am just dangerous enough to really mess things up if you understand that.  Let me try that when I get home and I let you know.  By the way I have the same with TW.

Logi Nu
finkjsc

Got the same exact problem. Every title starts loading but stops at the 25% point with the same popup box saying there is a problem with the title.

I know exactly how it happened: While watching netflix I lost power for a few seconds causing the Revue to reboot.

My other netflix device works - actually it's a WDTV Live+ connected to the Revue HDMI input as my "set-top" box.

After spending too much time clearing caches and trying to fix this, I finally gave up and found this thread here.

But it magically fixed itself while I searched this forum. I left the popup box onscreen that said it was having trouble playing this title (I didn't press OK). About a minute or so later I heard my TV audio start playing.

Hope that helps.

Logi Browser
jakwo

I had subsequently ran a port checker and that was not the issue.  Then I just kept repeating the start title after each failure and could usually get it to work after about 6 or 7 times.  I'll try the wait option now as well.  Very inconvenient no matter which method used.  I found a thread previously that discussed this issue and it appears not to be isolated and is an issue with the revue.  Hopefully they can correct this with the supposed forthcoming software update.  As it stands now it is marginally acceptable as a streamer but makes an excellent paper weight.