Logi Rook
Jadebox

Re: Netflix "We are having trouble..." What is being done about this?

So far, since the update, I haven't seen the "We are having trouble...​" error while playing a title. 

But, if I pause a title for a while, the error message is displayed.  But, it doesn't matter because pressing the play button will resume playing the title.

-- Roger

Logi Rook
dlflannery

Yeah, fingers crossed but I'm beginning to think the 3.2 update has fixed the Netflix interruption problems that caused me to start this thread.   Of course by saying this I've probably jinxed it!

Logi Browser
Bandicoot777

[ Edited ]

I resolved this error message by switching to Google DNS...that was the solution that worked for me, it was posted in one of the older threads here.  Even if you're using DHCP you could configure your router's DHCP server to send over the Google DNS.

Logi Rook
dlflannery

Bandicoot777 wrote:

I resolved this error message by switching to Google DNS...that was the solution that worked for me, it was posted in one of the older threads here.  Even if you're using DHCP you could configure your router's DHCP server to send over the Google DNS.

Yes, that was one of the many suggestions tried by many of us with 3.1 -- and it didn't work for many of us.

Logi Nu
Phane

I've been having this issue since the Honeycomb update.  It isn't as bad since the 3.2 update but it's happened to me 3-4 times today alone.  Before the 3.2 update it wouldn't play more than a handfull of minutes at a time.  I use Google DNS and have my Revue hooked up via ethernet.  No problems on my TiVo, LG Smart TV, PS3 or any other device.

Logi Nu
hmhoupis

Oddly, mine worked till just now - July 2012. I wonder if there is a timer that give you 'x' number of views... Anyway, it totally wont work with Netflix now.  Other sites will stream, but with some stumbling.  

It's a great idea in a crappy product. Sad that Google probably shares in the failure.

Logi Browser
DaveinAz

My netflix works OK on several PCs but not the revue box.  I get an error message saying "we're having trouble loading this title. please try again later...

SUbmitted two trouble reports with no reply.

Dave

Logi Browser
DaveinAz

My netflix works OK on several PCs but not the revue box.  I get an error message saying "we're having trouble loading this title. please try again later...  it does this every time i try to stream a movie or tv show.  It doesnot  eventually load.  it is dead in the water.

SUbmitted two trouble reports with no reply.

Dave

Logi Browser
DaveinAz

Tech support resonse was to deactivate the netflix with a series of left right up and down arrow strokes and the deactivate, reboot and start netflix over.  Actually worked!

Dave

Logi Rook
dlflannery

DaveinAz wrote:

Tech support resonse was to deactivate the netflix with a series of left right up and down arrow strokes and the deactivate, reboot and start netflix over.  Actually worked!

Dave

Yeah, this would be the first thing I would try if I again have major Netflix problems.  The exact procedure, courtesy of Eferz, is:

Open the Netflix application then press Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up
Up, and Up then you'll now see the account information page click "Deactivate".  Now reboot the Revue by pressing [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[Del] to reboot it and try it again.  If that works then it was conflicting login information usually caused by Netflix updating their security mechanism.

I started this thread but have had almost no problems with Netflix since the 3.2 update.  I would still recommend all the measures recommended in various posts such as static IP, using Google DNS and de/re-activating Netflix.